I Feel Like I Have Been Out Smarted By My Dog

Tilly

I decided to wash the dog this morning ... I washed the older boy no problems.

Went to wash the younger one but he decides to play hard to get. Normally he is reluctant to get in the hydrobath but is no problems once he is in.

Every time I walked towards him he would take off ... so I thought I wasn't going to play his game. I let the older boy over into the other side of the yard to roll on the grass ... and told the younger one he could only go in if he had a bath too.

He looks at me seriously ... ran up and down the fence line crying and then took off.

I followed him and found him sitting in the hydrobath waiting for his bath!!!!

He was bathed and once he was let out ... sat at the side gate until I opened it and let him into the other side of the yard to play ...

I am negotiating with a dog ...

If you had a Koolie you would feel outsmarted by your dog every single day.

:laugh: they wear you out don't they ;)

My boy was only home for about a week when he learnt to open the latches on the crate ... I had to put clips on them so he didn't open the crate at night ...

When he was still little we used to keep both dogs separated on either side of the yard during the day when we were not home to supervise but every afternoon when we got home both dogs were on one side of the yard. Couldn't find any holes so we thought the older boy was jumping the fence - so we extended the fence. It was only after I was home sick one day that we worked out the younger dog was opening the latch on his side of the yard and letting the older dog in so they could play. :o Now if they need to be separated for any reason ... I use a padlock on the gate as he hasn't worked out how to remove them yet :laugh:

He can turn on the garden taps ... so they have to be turned off and the handles removed.

Edited by Tilly

Lord luv him but I'm so glad he is your dog Tilly and not mine. I have enough trouble at Peiradise.

Every year when we take them to the snow about 2 hours into the trip Kodiak works out how to use the button to work the electric windows in the car. We have to lock them or she spends the next 8 hours playing with them

We used to live next to a couple that had a GSD they would tie up before they left for the day. Our terrier would wander over 15 minutes after the left, chew through the rope (in the middle) then pick up the end still attached to the GSD and spend the rest of the day holding the rope in his mouth and leading the GSD around the properties

Went to wash the younger one but he decides to play hard to get. Normally he is reluctant to get in the hydrobath but is no problems once he is in.

Every time I walked towards him he would take off ... so I thought I wasn't going to play his game. I let the older boy over into the other side of the yard to roll on the grass ... and told the younger one he could only go in if he had a bath too.

He looks at me seriously ... ran up and down the fence line crying and then took off.

He was bathed and once he was let out ... sat at the side gate until I opened it and let him into the other side of the yard to play ...

Well at least that makes it easier to bath him :)

My boy was only home for about a week when he learnt to open the latches on the crate ... I had to put clips on them so he didn't open the crate at night ...

When he was still little we used to keep both dogs separated on either side of the yard during the day when we were not home to supervise but every afternoon when we got home both dogs were on one side of the yard. Couldn't find any holes so we thought the older boy was jumping the fence - so we extended the fence. It was only after I was home sick one day that we worked out the younger dog was opening the latch on his side of the yard and letting the older dog in so they could play. :o Now if they need to be separated for any reason ... I use a padlock on the gate as he hasn't worked out how to remove them yet :laugh:

He can turn on the garden taps ... so they have to be turned off and the handles removed.

Sounds like my Great Dane X I kept being told by the neighbours that my dog was out and every time I got home he was happily at home in bed :) since I've been on holidays he has proven just how he got out.... under the gate through the wheel track that he has been making deeper each time it rains banghead.gif now at least we know and now we have to cement the driveway to keep the ingenious dogs in :(

Every year when we take them to the snow about 2 hours into the trip Kodiak works out how to use the button to work the electric windows in the car. We have to lock them or she spends the next 8 hours playing with them

We used to live next to a couple that had a GSD they would tie up before they left for the day. Our terrier would wander over 15 minutes after the left, chew through the rope (in the middle) then pick up the end still attached to the GSD and spend the rest of the day holding the rope in his mouth and leading the GSD around the properties

Now that would be a sight to see. Did the owners ever find out and come up with a solution?

Well at least that makes it easier to bath him :)

Sounds like my Great Dane X I kept being told by the neighbours that my dog was out and every time I got home he was happily at home in bed :) since I've been on holidays he has proven just how he got out.... under the gate through the wheel track that he has been making deeper each time it rains banghead.gif now at least we know and now we have to cement the driveway to keep the ingenious dogs in :(

Now that would be a sight to see. Did the owners ever find out and come up with a solution?

Um, sort of. They used cheaper rope to tie him up and let our dog continue to walk him every day :laugh: everyone knew but no one minded

My very first dog got out one day and got picked up by the ranger at the end of our drive. Same time the next day he did the same thing. He loved going in cars and for the next few months met the ranger out the front of our place at exactly the same time to go for a ride. Thankfully we had a nice ranger who used to drop him back on his way home each day :rofl: