Fowl Smelling Farts

Hi Missy my 8 month old whippet has been doing fowl smelling farts for the past month, There clear the room farts. I am not sure what is causing it. She gets feed raw mince meat be it chicken or chicken and roo, I just brought some pet cooked meat from bucket o beef to try. I'm not sure if its the raw food or the black hawk kibble. This is why I brought bucket o beef cooked pet meat to feed this with a small amount of kibble to see if it stops the farting. She has had the bucket o beef pet meat for 4 days now and still her farts are rotten. Missy has always had raw meat since the day I got her, she has been feed black hawk for about a month and half to 2 months, before then she was feed optimum puppy.

You need to think back and see what changed when it started, if it was a month ago there may have been something you changed at that time that caused it. Mine are all on BH and no farting here!

The only thing I can think of is beef meat. Her main raw meat and bones are chicken and turkey with some roo once in while. But now bucket o beef has chicken and roo mince together so they have been getting that for the past 4 days.

Taste of the Wild is all cooked meats ??? Appreciate your feedback, Clyde. Would like to know of anyone else's.

ETA: Sorry - that's unfair to the OP. I'll start a new thread for comments, unless someone can point me to a thread that's already been done ?

ETA: Disregard .... I spot a thread just a few doors down from this one. Headed off there for a read now :D.

Edited by Erny

Different foods suit different dogs, just like how some people have food intolerances.

Cut out one thing at a time, for at least a week and see if that makes any difference.

Beef makes my Staffy have nasty smelling farts, so he is on mostly chicken and the ocassional bit of roo (and BH also).

I've also found feeding yoghurt makes him "less farty"

Edited by NOCTRL

I would have thought if it were the kibble causing the wind, then it would have shown up within a week of starting her on the new food...not 2 to 4 weeks later. I know with humans, if a certain food does not agree ie, causes bad wind, it shows up within a few hours. Why would it be different for dogs. Just wondering what do you use for training treats ??

Going by your previous posts, you have been trying several things over the last month including Paws "fresh" pet mince, rabbits, beef. Anyone of those could be the problem, but maybe it could be the fact that maybe you are trying too many things at once & her tummy is in a whirl.

Love the vision of the chicken running around with it's head stuck in the dog's backsides getting it's "fix" :rofl:

Guest lavendergirl

Going by your previous posts, you have been trying several things over the last month including Paws "fresh" pet mince, rabbits, beef. Anyone of those could be the problem, but maybe it could be the fact that maybe you are trying too many things at once & her tummy is in a whirl.

Love the vision of the chicken running around with it's head stuck in the dog's backsides getting it's "fix" :rofl:

:rofl: Yes agree - settle on one food and stick with it.

My puppy had really bad farts, I tried eliminating a few things and changing kibble... she was on orijen puppy with 3 varieties of pre made raw (lamb, chicken, beef). Changed to pro plan puppy and it got better... still stinky though... fed just PP and chicken pre made raw... no farts, added beef back in, still no farts.. added lamb... holy mother of stink!!