Shows Giving Sole Rights To Vendors - Why?

teddywaddy

I couldnt belive it today when I heard the John & Ang were not allowed to take their truck to Noorat shows and that the other vendor had requested and got sole rights.

You would have thought that the clubs concerned would have benefited from multi vendors paying site fees etc, and not only that, given us exhibitors a choice from who we buy from.

Edited by teddywaddy

I couldnt belive it today when I heard the John & Ang were not allowed to take their truck to Noorat shows and that the other vendor had requested and got sole rights.

You would have thought that the clubs concerned would have benefited from two vendors paying site fees etc, and not only that, given us exhibitors a choice from who we buy from.

I stocked up today on everything I will need for Noorat & Look forward to seeing John & Ang at Cohuna for my purchases.

I believe in freedom of shopping & there is nothing like competitive business's, not to mention friendly personalities etc.

I think it would be best to take this up with the noorat show secretaries who by the way have friendly personalities and have their hands FULL with making everyones weekend enjoyable also club business re vendors is just that club business , I so look forward to this weekend one of the best in Victoria GREAT 3 DAYS MEALS PROVIDED ROOMS AVAILABLE SO LIGHTEN UP SUNSHINE AND JUST ENJOY WEEKEND AND YOUR DOGS

i think it sucks a bit.. but i can understand.. it is business after all i guess.. but i always try to be sure i have what i need for the show just incase cause some of the vendors are much more expensive then john!! haha i guess in a stick though at least they all stock the essentials so if im stuck i dont care who sells it to me as long as someone does hahahaha

You would have thought that the clubs concerned would have benefited from two vendors paying site fees etc, and not only that, given us exhibitors a choice from who we buy from.

I stocked up today on everything I will need for Noorat & Look forward to seeing John & Ang at Cohuna for my purchases.

I believe in freedom of shopping & there is nothing like competitive business's, not to mention friendly personalities etc.

I think it would be best to take this up with the noorat show secretaries who by the way have friendly personalities and have their hands FULL with making everyones weekend enjoyable also club business re vendors is just that club business , I so look forward to this weekend one of the best in Victoria GREAT 3 DAYS MEALS PROVIDED ROOMS AVAILABLE SO LIGHTEN UP SUNSHINE AND JUST ENJOY WEEKEND AND YOUR DOGS

Lucky the show secretaries are nice as your reply is really NOT friendly or nice at all!

Are you the other vendor that has a monopoly at the show?

I can understand sole vendors at shows, it might be a case of first in bests dressed or the fact that some grounds just don't have room for more then one vendor.

What I don't get is excluding exhibitors because thier gazebo has brands advertised on them? I would think you would loose more entries that way rather then which vendor is at your show.

I can't stand the exclusive caterers garbage. We used to have a lovely lady and her coffee van at the Canberra shows, she has been excluded now as another catering van has sole rights. Trouble is, the coffee is beyond woeful so many now just bring their own. I miss the nice coffees, and refuse to pay for the trash ones.

I think restricting it is unfair for the vendors and for the attendees who miss out on the benefit of choice and competition driven quality.

And if it's space related that's fine, but I don't think that is always the issue.

Edited by Alyosha

I can't stand the exclusive caterers garbage. We used to have a lovely lady and her coffee van at the Canberra shows, she has been excluded now as another catering van has sole rights. Trouble is, the coffee is beyond woeful so many now just bring their own. I miss the nice coffees, and refuse to pay for the trash ones.

Me too. Loved that coffee van :cry:

Me too. Loved that coffee van :cry:

Ditto. :cry:

And they sold the Byron Bay cookies.

I think restricting it is unfair for the vendors and for the attendees who miss out on the benefit of choice and competition driven quality.

And if it's space related that's fine, but I don't think that is always the issue.

Have you given that feedback to the clubs? If people stopped coming or stopped spending money in droves then I'd imagine that decision would be overturned quickly.

I don't show but I went to a workshop that was on at the same time at KCC. I bought a coffee and a fruit salad and I landed up throwing both away...and they weren't cheap either.

:mad

OMG I love the coffee vans........Noooooooooo don't taken 'em away. bad Canberra.... :mad

l think it's a shame, l get excited when l go to a show and see a few vendors there with goodies to buy. Just because there is only one vendor there does not mean your going to buy from them, l needed to get something this weekend and expected John & Ang to be there but will just wait for the next show now.

Have you given that feedback to the clubs? If people stopped coming or stopped spending money in droves then I'd imagine that decision would be overturned quickly.

I don't show but I went to a workshop that was on at the same time at KCC. I bought a coffee and a fruit salad and I landed up throwing both away...and they weren't cheap either.

It's depressing to chuck expensive food and drink isn't it. :(

I haven't given feedback, but it seems across the board no matter which clubs are holding shows at those grounds. Maybe I should write to Dogs ACT and ask... It might be their decision and not the individual clubs?

I haven't given feedback, but it seems across the board no matter which clubs are holding shows at those grounds. Maybe I should write to Dogs ACT and ask... It might be their decision and not the individual clubs?

I think that's right, it's not up to the clubs it's ACTCA. I did mention it last time I was in the office but nothing more.

It's depressing to chuck expensive food and drink isn't it. :(

I can't believe I'm about advocate this... but

Start a petition to Dogs Act - I'll sign it. I understand about them wanting to keep their guaranteed caterer sweet but frankly if that's the best we can be guaranteed, I'll take my chances on more casual arrangements or drive to Dickson!!

Petition? Geez. All new to me... :o I'm more than happy to. Especially if decent coffee is involved...

Will it sound better coming from the outside, ie. me as a regular visitor to ACT grounds, but a member of Dogs NSW, or from within Dogs ACT membership?