Fern And Willow - New Fosters

Finally managed to get a photo shoot with the new foster babies Fern and Willow. They are nearly 9 weeks old - born on 4/1/2012.

Fern has the red collar, and Willow has the pink one.

The girls were having a ball playing with Timmy in the wet yesterday morning - so I apologise for the mud - but they were having such a great time... *grin*

Feel free to guess the breed mix in these two... I'm tipping some Lab and some sighthound in there myself... they are all legs and feet.

Fern...

04-03-2012-Timmy-and-doodles121.jpg

04-03-2012-Timmy-and-doodles072.jpg

04-03-2012-Timmy-and-doodles044.jpg

04-03-2012-Timmy-and-doodles025.jpg

04-03-2012-Timmy-and-doodles007.jpg

Willow...

04-03-2012-Timmy-and-doodles160.jpg

04-03-2012-Timmy-and-doodles058.jpg

04-03-2012-Timmy-and-doodles042.jpg

04-03-2012-Timmy-and-doodles011.jpg

Group shot - love the wet bums...

04-03-2012-Timmy-and-doodles085.jpg

T.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you dogmad... I gave their names some very careful consideration, as they are stunning little girls and deserved to have pretty names to match their looks... *grin*

They really are funny pups... Fern is smaller than Willow - probably because Willow is a piggy guts at dinner time - but is a bit more adventurous and less timid when experiencing new things. Both are quickly getting more confident every day, especially during their play sessions with Timmy the ruff nut - Fern is actually the one starting the snipe and run zoomie sessions of late... hehe!

Today they all played with Petey (one of the Pregnant Paws BT/Staffy pups) - poor Petey's short little legs got a real workout trying to keep up with the bigger pups in the long grass... lol! He was mighty peeved when I said he'd done enough exercise and popped him back with his brothers and sister - he wanted more big puppy playtime, and wasn't scared to let us all know just HOW narked he was... cheeky sod! The bigger pups were so good with him too, playing gently as though they knew he wasn't in their league - they even lay down and let him play bitey face with them in turns... a great time was had by all methinks.

T.

You wouldn't think that Timmy the BC/Cattle pup had 3 weeks and 2kgs on the girls when they play - the three of them tend to stick together and explore all the fun things around, like puddles and piles of tree bark, etc...

The bum shot is definitely one of my all time faves to date... *grin*

T.

They are just beautiful!!!

if there is sighthound, i would say Deerhound as they look like my deerhound puppies when they were little.

goorluck with them they are beautiful!!!!!!

T, you raise the most beautiful, happy & healthy puppies! :) Someone should be following you & the pups & the resident dogs with a camera for a doco.

The first pic of Fern, just took my breath away. So pretty & so confident & she's only a baby still.

If only all dogs had the 'childhood' you give them.

Thank you mita... your kind words mean a heck of a lot...

Really, I just feed them and love them and treat them as though they are my own dogs - and my permanent pack take care of all of the rest... lol!

Fern is a totally cheeky little soul - she and Timmy can get up to a bit of mischief together at the rescue property... we've had to steer them away from the dam a few times, and they just look at us as if to say "you is spoiling all our fun" - but I refuse to go wading in the rain swollen dam or creek to fish out inquisitive puppies... *grin*

Willow is a bit more reserved and unsure, and tends to be the first to come to me or lillypilly to check if what she's doing is all OK.

Both of them are expert cuddlers though...

T.

Fern is being a cheeky bugger and playing zoomies with Pickles right now... all I can hear is the galloping sound of Fern's huge feet and the thump-drag of Pickles' up and down the hallway... crazy dogs!

Occasionally Fern will stop and have a bark and a play bow at Zeddy - who is steadfastly ignoring the puppy antics - to try and make her join in the game... Zeddy just ignores her and so Fern races off to Pickles again...

T.

Fern is being a cheeky bugger and playing zoomies with Pickles right now... all I can hear is the galloping sound of Fern's huge feet and the thump-drag of Pickles' up and down the hallway... crazy dogs!

Fern could get a job as a Dog Physiotherapist. She's giving Pickles a good work-out. :)

Just after meeting my stepgrandkiddy's birthday present today - a tiny little 9 week old Toy Poodle - I had the pleasure of playing with Fern again. She gallumphs crabwise through the house and yard because her legs are longer than she expects! But she is an elegant looking girl and is getting more confident with other dogs and people. She followed my husband around, stole Jodie's ball, killed Stevie's soft toy (which is ok, it was already very dead) and gave me lovely kisses and cuddles. I really really like this girl, she's going to be a beauty! Unfortunately I couldn't find my cat to introduce them - it's probably just the right time for Fern to learn that cats are tough (Rocky was tucked up in a warm space in our bedroom). Hey TD, bring her over again tomorrow night! She and Stevie might do their play-bows at the same time next time!