Breeders Prefix?

Jbea

Yea! Passed my 'breeders exam' so now, how long does it usually take to have your prefix registered? I am a tad anxious as my beautiful bitch is already in whelp.

I know I am in the show dog forum, but as I haven't got my kennel name yet I am not eligible to post in the breeders forum. I am in Victoria, if that makes any difference.

It took mine about 4 months I think but mine did get lost in the post.

I was lucky though I got my first choice of kennel names so I didn't have to resend it all again, that can really chew up time.

It does vary in Vic - depending on whether it can be approved reasonably quickly because it isn't an existing name, too close to an existing name or a place name. But be aware, as once you get the Prefix and it's advertised, people have the right to appeal and have 3 months from the date published and your preficx can be rescinded - has happened twice in the past year in my breed, with a litter registered under the original and then rescinded prefix. Fingers crossed it's smooth sailing for you.

Just flick them an email for an update, they are very friendly at Dogs Victoria :)

sometimes, still haven't got a reply to two emails sent to them ages ago. I did find out what I wanted elsewhere but curiousity led me to resending the unanswered email and neither have been replied to.

It does vary in Vic - depending on whether it can be approved reasonably quickly because it isn't an existing name, too close to an existing name or a place name. But be aware, as once you get the Prefix and it's advertised, people have the right to appeal and have 3 months from the date published and your preficx can be rescinded - has happened twice in the past year in my breed, with a litter registered under the original and then rescinded prefix. Fingers crossed it's smooth sailing for you.

And I guess that is one reason why breeding shouldn't be a last minute thing!

Think mine took a couple of months (I'm in NSW) but it was a bit of circus. First they sent me the certificate with my prefix on it (it was my 2nd choice) and all seemed five. Amontn or so later I went to renew my membership and discovered a typo in my prefix on the renewal thingy.

I called Dogs NSW and asked them to check the spelling of my prefix and that's when it got wierd. I was told that none of my choices had been approved.. So I asked about the certificate they set me and "oops sorry that was a mistake" .. So I had a prefix certificate that meant nothing. I was told to submit another 10 choices and with the help of some ceative ppl on DOL I submitted another 10. I was mighty annoyed with Dogs NSW for the stuff up, as I had bought a domain name etc after being tod the prefix had been approved.

Amazingly with my grumblings ringing in their ears they were able to approve a prefix from my 2nd lot of choices in about 4 days!

So I have two kennel prefixes certifcates on umy wall now LOL.

Edited by indigirl

Well I submitted mine in december finally got it back about 2 weeks ago I also wasn't notified about my test result. oh and they lost the first application it apparently didn't get to them in the mail. I'm with Dogs QLD. But I'm not purchasing my domain name for at least 4 months just in case someone has a problem with it.

Well I submitted mine in december finally got it back about 2 weeks ago I also wasn't notified about my test result. oh and they lost the first application it apparently didn't get to them in the mail. I'm with Dogs QLD. But I'm not purchasing my domain name for at least 4 months just in case someone has a problem with it.

How did they loose it if it never got to them?