Head Of The Piaa Caught In The Act.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HERE IS A PIC OF THE HEAD OF THE PIAA HAVING FUN WITH FRIENDS!

IS THIS A GROUP WE WANT ON THE NSW

TASK FORCE? INTO COMPANION ANIMALS!

The lunatics are running the asylumpost-10259-0-90467400-1330993782_thumb.jpg!

I do not see anything wrong with hunting or anything wrong in this photo.

Maybe you need to read up on defamation law.

Steve Austin is pictured here with a dog he trained to locate feral cats in remote areas.

This dog is trained to scent-track cats, so they can be destroyed.

Though I cannot know for sure, Steve Austin seems rather pleased of his dog's achievements. I think I would be rather impressed if I trained a dog to perform in such a regular and useful way.

Edited by Leema

Steve Austin is pictured here with a dog he trained to locate feral cats in remote areas.

Though I cannot no for sure, Steve Austin seems rather pleased of his dog's achievements. I think I would be rather impressed if I trained a dog to perform in such a regular and useful way.

WTF!, who are you people? and what are you doing on a "animal rescue site:??

Anyone who enjoys killing animals has NO PLACE in ANY business associated with other animals!!

Anyone who enjoys killing animals has NO PLACE in ANY business associated with other animals!!

How do your animals like their vegan diet?

Steve Austin trains the dogs to sniff out feral pests. Would you rather a live feral cat and numerous dead native animals or visa versa?

Links

http://sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au/stories/8259737/new-tricks

http://www.australiangeographic.com.au/journal/training-scientific-dogs-to-sniff-out-pests.htm

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/news/story/nose-for-ecology/

Edited by Janba

Feral cats need to be caught and destroyed.

They kill native wildlife and reak havoc on the environment

For me however

I don't think a photo of a cat hanging by a rope is really appropriate

I don't think having to kill any animal for whatever reason should be fun

It is something should be done out of necessity only

that is just my opinion

Though I cannot no for sure, Steve Austin seems rather pleased of his dog's achievements. I think I would be rather impressed if I trained a dog to perform in such a regular and useful way.

This is NOT an animal rescue site, it is a pure bred dog site.

Who said anything about enjoying killing animals? The animals are feral and a problem and need to be managed.

I think you may need to become less emotional about your subject matter if you want people to take what you say seriously.

The photo is disturbing. Many feral animals are problematic in Australia and need to be culled to keep things in balance. But someone in a position such as that standing there wearing a grin while holding up a dead cat with a rope tied around its neck conjures up the wrong image. A dead cat, feral or domestic is hardly a hunting prize. I would feel the same if he was holding up a wild rabbit or a large marlin. What is there to show off about killing?

Edited to add I don't know if it is a friend or the head of the PIAA holding the cat but it is still inappropriate and not necessary.

Edited by Puppy_Sniffer

Anyone who has come across feral cats knows they are far from "companion animals". Is cat owners realised how bad the problem is right now they would keep their pets confined at all times. And yes, our cat was confined. He lived to old age, was affectionate and we never had to worry why he hadn't come "home".

We now have at least 3 around us and I would rather foxes who keep their distance. I would hate to unexpectly come across a cat that has backed itself into a corner - they are viscious!!

This photo looks like the typical group of mates showing off their day and I don't think it was meant to go public. While I don't agree with this bragging, I am just grateful there is one less feral around.

How would you deal with the feral animal problem Pandypam?

Give me humane destruction via bullet over baits or traps any day!

God know what you think of purebred dog owners who use their dogs for hunting but frankly, I don't really care.

Build a bridge. No one's forcing you to hunt.

Oh and in case you haven't noticed this ISN'T an animal rescue site. It's a site for the promotion of purebred dogs whose owner allows rescue to operate from here.

Edited by Telida Whippets

There is a problem with feral animals & it has to be considered what are the most humane methods to cull.

But I agree with PS & Bartok, I find a photo of someone so relishing their 'kill' distasteful & disturbing.

Edited by mita

The photo is disturbing. Many feral animals are problematic in Australia and need to be culled to keep things in balance. But someone in a position such as that standing there wearing a grin while holding up a dead cat with a rope tied around its neck conjures up the wrong image. A dead cat, feral or domestic is hardly a hunting prize. I would feel the same if he was holding up a wild rabbit or a large marlin. What is there to show off about killing?

Edited to add I don't know if it is a friend or the head of the PIAA holding the cat but it is still inappropriate and not necessary.

So we want it to happen, we just don't want to see it?

There is a problem with feral animals & it has to be considered what are the most humane methods to cull.

But I agree with PS & Bartok, I find a photo of someone so relishing their 'kill' distasteful & disturbing.

If you are a lover of native marsupials, my guess is you'd be grinning too. :shrug:

That photo is evidence that the use of dogs to track and assist with the elimination of feral cats WORKS. I'd find that something to celebrate.

Edited by Telida Whippets

,I just find anyone who gleefully, impressively poses for a photo holding a dead animal is a sad excuse for a human, that's just my opinion. He traines his dogs to hunt ferral animals fine I am sure the local farmers would be greatful but that photo is sick. I also can't stand pig hunters that gloat about their killings, just makes me feel sick that some people get off killing animals... Culling animals in a professional manor is one thing but this just doesn't sit well with me...

Edited by mumof4girls

We don't want it to happen, we need it to happen, that feral animals be culled.

When presented with 'seeing' it, I don't like the person brandishing a dead body and relishing what they've done.

That is not a necessary part of the culling to personalise it, in such a distasteful way.

We don't want it to happen, we need it to happen, that feral animals be culled.

When presented with 'seeing' it, I don't like the person brandishing a dead body and relishing what they've done.

That is not a necessary part of the culling to personalise it, in such a distasteful way.

God forbid people involved in programs to eliminate feral pests should take pride in their work.