Pedigree Papers

Charjas

Some may recall I got Jasper , my toy poodle, just before Christmas. Had a few posts regarding settling in , being smelly and biting Charlie. Jasper now 8 months. And I am still waiting for his papers. I have emailed several times. The breeder told me they were attending to papers several weeks ago but still nothing. She is in Queensland. I'm not sure what to do next. I'm wondering if the info I had regarding parents is wrong. I've had him clipped and he's not going curly at all. His parents were silver but the only silver he has is on his face and legs. Now that he's been clipped he's very dark .. We have him now and love him.

Silver poodles do take quite some time to change into their adult colour, and then some will continue to fade out. It is possible he has a soft coat, you really will have to wait and see as he matures. There is a great variation in Poodle coats.

Give his breeder a call about his papers and if you have no luck then if you have his details give Dogs Qld a call and see if his litter registration has been processed.

My Poodle is only curly when I don't brush her. :D When she is all brushed or blow-dried her coat is wavy.

ETA: Her coat is quite fuzzy and very poofy though.

Edited by Kirty

Silver poodles do take quite some time to change into their adult colour, and then some will continue to fade out. It is possible he has a soft coat, you really will have to wait and see as he matures. There is a great variation in Poodle coats.

Give his breeder a call about his papers and if you have no luck then if you have his details give Dogs Qld a call and see if his litter registration has been processed.

Agree, give Dogs Queensland a call or e mail them

07 3252 2661

[email protected]

Dogs QLD are very good in answering enquires about registrations. I had emailed them re my pup's papers and had a response in 24 hours. You just need to provide them with the breeder's prefix and date of birth of the litter and they will check for you. They also got in touch with the breeder on my behalf (I hadn't had any luck in getting an answer) to remind them to organise the transfer

1331810301[/url]' post='5764591']

My Poodle is only curly when I don't brush her. :D When she is all brushed or blow-dried her coat is wavy.

ETA: Her coat is quite fuzzy and very poofy though.

Jasper was getting wavy after we'd had him a few months but I got him clipped as the coat was a mix if brown ,black and grey but underneath is quite dark and not particularly wavy now. Charlie was probably similar when he was 1 but is very curly now. Jasper had very little on his topknot.

1331809873[/url]' post='5764581']

Have emailed breeder again. What is a soft coat? His coat although not curly is thick. It's hard to see hs skin underneath.

1331809873[/url]' post='5764581']

Have emailed breeder again. What is a soft coat? His coat although not curly is thick. It's hard to see hs skin underneath.

i'd just ring dogs qld. thats prob the fastest and most truthful way. saves you being stuffed around any longer and maybe being fed a load a horse poo!!

Have you actually rang the breeder. That's what I had to do. Each email was answered but they lead to more questions & answers. Much easier to write down what you want to know so you don't forget anything & get it all sorted in one phone call.

I find the easiest way to put photo on here is to use photobucket, copy the image code on each pic & past in this window.

Thank you all. I emailed breeder again and she said she was having trouble getting address from another buyer she has everything now so will register . Now I just have to work out how to do the pictures. When I do which section do I put them. Is it in my profile? Can never navigate in these forums.

post-43451-0-83561100-1331951517_thumb.jpgpost-43451-0-21463900-1331950504_thumb.jpgHopefully this will work. Seem to have no end of trouble resizing these pictures as from my camera they were huge.:laugh:

Ok all good except too small to see Jasper's coat which actually looks better here than in real life. He is quite a mix of colours atm. He is now 8 months old and quite the rascal. His ears have tinges of brown though. I'm hoping he's going to turn into the poodle he is supposed to be.

Edited by Charjas