"pitbull" Attack

shihtzufan

This video REALLY bothers me, but not for reasons you may think.

Five - FIVE - police officers. UK police aren't normally armed with guns, but they may have had batons, mace or other pepper spray, or even tasers.

That dog is too big to be a pitbull, but I've heard he may be a pitbull x dobermann. Either way, he looks like he may be about 30-35kgs based on his height and build.

FIVE police officers, one 30-35kg dog. And basically the 'cult of personality' around the pitbull terrier has become so terrifying that instead of piling in on the dog to rescue their mate, instead of pepper spraying it or beating it with batons or even all piling in with boots in or piling physically onto the thing, they dance around it and it systematically decimates them, taking off fingers (that's what 'life-changing injuries' is in reference to') as it picks them off one by one.

When I was a kid, if a dog went off, every adult in the place would pile in, fuelled by outrage that a dog would misbehave so. Often an attack that may have started didn't escalate because people intervened. (I lived in a large cul-de-sac at a time when people routinely didn't desex their dogs, and it was normal to allow them out the front door in the morning with the kids and they'd all hang around together.)

I just find it hard to believe that there are so many people standing back, basically. I think I was hoping for a coordinated rush on the dog. :(

I just find it hard to believe that there are so many people standing back, basically. I think I was hoping for a coordinated rush on the dog. :(

A lot of folk freeze in situations like that.. especially situations they have not been trained for.

• 2 weeks later...

freeze pfft they were running away!

doesnt look very dobe to me but its pretty far away, cant see anything.

what were the officers doing any way? were they in the dogs turf, it reads a little bit conflicting in that regard? I agree about the pile ons, if people can help rescue others out of the jaws of large sharks and crocs surely a dog wouldnt be very frightening (not for trained tough police men (sarcasm intended)? Also, why werent they carrying guns, during a raid? and if they were, why were they all so scared to shoot? seriously...

• 1 month later...

its like in the movies fight scenes where the gang all wait their turn to attack the guy in the middle!

I wouldnt like any of these cops to be in charge of my safety thats for sure!

A lot of folk freeze in situations like that.. especially situations they have not been trained for.

These are cops though, not untrained men. Even if they haven't been trained to deal with a dog attack specifically they would surely have had training in dealing with crazies with lethal weapons. If you can sort out an idiot with a knife or gun dealing with a dog is not that much of a stretch.

I don't think many Policemen in the UK carry guns at all.

I cannot believe they were climbing fences and remving themselves left right and centre, goodness gracious, I would never trust them for back up!

Edited by OSoSwift