Oh Yuck.....don't You Just Love Terriers!

Baileys mum

Hi everyone, I woke up this morning, walked into my family room, & there in the middle of the room on the rug was a half eaten mouse :vomit: The head had been eaten off & only the back legs & tail where left. :vomit::vomit: Lucky my hubby was home to dispose of it.

We have had quite a few mice in the house in the last month of so & my Aussies have been doing a fantastic job at hunting them & killing them for us, but this is the first time I've ever seen one eaten, they usually just kill it quick & leave the body. Yuck! Yuck! Yuck! :laugh:

Don't you just love terriers, you would think I never fed them & they where starving. :rolleyes: :laugh:

Guest Willow

Oh, we ahve the same issue, but with our cats....I keep finding half-mice in the middle of a heap of cat spew :(

Be glad you don't have sibes.

Came out into the backyard one morning to find Mr Zero with 2 half eaten POSSUMS! All that was left were the heads, back legs and tails.

Not the first time he's done it either. He will climb a tree to get a possum.

Be glad you don't have sibes.

Came out into the backyard one morning to find Mr Zero with 2 half eaten POSSUMS! All that was left were the heads, back legs and tails.

Not the first time he's done it either. He will climb a tree to get a possum.

Oh yuck...that would give me a shock, :eek: You just have to love all high prey drive breeds.

Kirah's adept at catching Indian Mynas and eating them. All she leaves are piles of feathers -- but I'm sure Zeus helps her out too.

The other day she bailed up a baby blue tongue lizard and wasn't happy when I placed it in the front garden where she can't get at!!

Poochie was a fantastic ratter though and left many presents on our laundry door. Kirah does try and get at my friend's pet rats though!! :laugh:

My furniture is not appreciating the fact that ALL THREE rotties a bloody good mousers :rolleyes: Their heads, let alone their bodies, do not fit in mouse spaces. But they do not let that stop them :eek:

We currently have mice, due to building activity around us, so the dogs are very alert to every squeak and rustle. I am using those grey plastic traps, so I have to bolt everytime I hear the traps go off to get there before the dogs. However, their hearing is way better than mine, and they sometimes beat me. All I can say is thank gawd for the :give: command ;)

:laugh: We are NOT alone then!

My sons ACD x Kelpie is basically rabid about catching mice - and the bloody dog has even learnt how to spell! :laugh: She caught on really fast and the furniture, like grumpettes dogs, are irrelevant - she'll shove it aside, in order to get the m-o-u-s-e. :laugh:

When I SEE her swallow one, I get the heaves too. :vomit: She does not always eat them and ya, sometimes there is just half of it left. Brrrrrrrrr

:o that sight is fairly common here after the cats catch mice .... What good little dogs you have :)

I agree persephone that they are good little dogs, & I appreciate all the hard work they do with helping with the mouse problem in the house (better than laying mouse traps everywhere ) but I just found it a little sickening seeing a half eaten one in the middle of the room so early in the morining before breakfast. :laugh:

Kirah's adept at catching Indian Mynas and eating them. All she leaves are piles of feathers -- but I'm sure Zeus helps her out too.

The other day she bailed up a baby blue tongue lizard and wasn't happy when I placed it in the front garden where she can't get at!!

Poochie was a fantastic ratter though and left many presents on our laundry door. Kirah does try and get at my friend's pet rats though!! :laugh:

Sounds like Kirah is already a good little hunter R-A.

Your post reminds me of the time when we first moved here. We had a beautiful Rosella accidently fly into the house via a chimmney that Bailey immediantly pounced on & Killed. :( He then tried to eat it & then ran away from me when I tried to take it off him. I finally got it off him in the end, but you should have seen the amount of feathers all over the house. I actually had a little cry for the beautiful bird while vacumning up all the feathers. :cry:

I got my OH to put some mesh over the chimmney so it won't happen again.

Bailey's Mum ... try waking up and finding one on the bed ................ shades of 'The Godfather" !! YUK

Oh horrors :eek: ....but I'm sure your darling cat thought she was just bringing you a present & wanted to share her meal with you. ;)

7 dogs and not one mouser between them. Kelpies when they were younger actually walked around a rat sitting in the back yard, and the one that 'caught' a bird using their front paws released it so it could stalk it again!!

We have caught 15 mice in the past week and a half and have actually had one run in front of the dogs and they didn't care!!!!

I have had half skinks bought in by the Lappie- the last straw was when she deposited it on my pillow :vomit: She got told off for that one!

Edited by Jumabaar