Bench Signs

Elise+Hudson

Hey guys,

This is my first ever Sydney royal, never been before even as a spectator - only ever been to the Ekka in Brisbane. I have seen a few people showing their 'bench signs' which I assume are to go on the front of your allocated bench space?

Are these usually just printed on paper and attached up, or what do people do with them? Also what size are these?

I love graphic design.. so might have a play around and make one up for fun, but not sure how big they are. :D

Have fun at the royal.

I haven't been to Sydney for several years now so not familiar with their set up.

If you have a wall behind/beside you I guess you could put up paper signs with your dog's name (pet and or registered name), breed. Just not wins he/she has had recently.

Take blue tack, sticky tape or some sort of bulldog clips.

Trend in Melbourne is for Sashes that have the above info on it in what ever colors you want. Just contact a sash supplier. (Marellan in NSW)

Hope that helps.

BB

Have fun at the royal.

I haven't been to Sydney for several years now so not familiar with their set up.

If you have a wall behind/beside you I guess you could put up paper signs with your dog's name (pet and or registered name), breed. Just not wins he/she has had recently.

Trend in Melbourne is for Sashes that have the above info on it in what ever colors you want. Just contact a sash supplier. (Marellan in NSW)

Hope that helps.

BB

Saw this in Adelaide at the last Royal - I didn't think it was allowed.

Here is mine :) https://www.facebook.com/adagioweb#!/photo.php?fbid=216258245101060&set=pu.198527110207507&type=1&theater

ETA This is one from the year before. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=216258245101060&set=pu.198527110207507&type=1&theater#!/photo.php?fbid=198603106866574&set=pu.198527110207507&type=1&theater

They were designed by a forum member, Whiskedaway. A bench poster of her Lappie Halo is in that album also :)

Edited by Tobster

Have fun at the royal.

Hope that helps.

BB

Saw this in Adelaide at the last Royal - I didn't think it was allowed.

checking the adelaide Royal regulations for benches....

A display card, not exceeding 19 cm x 11 cm,

showing the dog’s name, its breeder and/or

exhibitor, may be placed over each exhibit.

would mean that the sash style isn't allowed at Adelaide - (and yet people did it.....some of those sashes were way outside the 19cm length and 11cm wide)

:) There is not much point putting up signs (Sydney) as only the outside benches can be seen by the public...

The is a very high pool fence around ALL the dogs & exhibitors, public not allowed to enter, there is a gateman who comes & gets you if the publis wants to talk about your dogs....

:) There is not much point putting up signs (Sydney) as only the outside benches can be seen by the public...

The is a very high pool fence around ALL the dogs & exhibitors, public not allowed to enter, there is a gateman who comes & gets you if the publis wants to talk about your dogs....

What's the point then? I thought these events were designed for the public first?

That's not now the last 3 Royals have been from my experience. Yes the benches are behind barriers but the public can walk up and down the aisles and see every single dog.

Most of the gates have a security person on them to stop the public coming in - which is also for security of exhibitor's possessions.

You can easily talk to members of the public as you are within a meter of them and they will ask questions and you can bring the dog up to the barrier for them to meet.

I don't understand by outside benches, I went to the Syd Royal last year and the dog pavilion was accessible to the public all day, and dogs and bench signs would easily be seen :)

Dogs are always on display

It's a very similar set up Melb Royal :)

Or am I confused? Lol

Ziva's is done :) I spent a few hours on photoshop and was thoroughly confused - 3 emails and less than 30 min later and my cousin (who is graphic designer for a living) was on the case and voila!

530837_10150776952962177_662172176_11924693_1960749986_n.jpg

Big thanks to WhiskedAway for a look at some samples that Ziva's is based on :thumbsup: