Stevie Vs The Puggle

Kirty

Wanted to share some pics of my blind foster pup Stevie playing with my friend's Aunty's dog Boris. Boris was also a rescue and had a rough start. These two hit it off immediately and had a great time tearing around the waiting room at work. :) Stevie has been very nervous of meeting strange dogs recently, so I was thrilled with this encounter. :)

c3e5f11c.jpg

80b95b54.jpg

88d80adb.jpg

b0cae240.jpg

cf217e7c.jpg

cf2498bc.jpg

How does she go ..not being able to see body language?Does she make mistakes in interpretation ?

I guess she can compensate by listening to breathing rate ... and the difference between open mouth, and nasal .

I wonder if she also uses footsteps..the difference between a relaxed step, and a carefully controlled 'tiptoes' ?

She is looking wonderful!

Pers, she is always very cautious and tentative at first which is why I am only letting her meet dogs that I know are friendly! I don't want her to have any bad experiences! Once she has met the dog and feels comfortable, she usually offers up play. :) And once they are playing, she is like a normal dog. :)

Hats off to you Kirty !!

You are doing such a fabulous jog with Stevie. She looks great & is having an absolute blast playing with her new pal. Love to read the posts on how your very brave girl is going.

Life is soooo good. Story's like this one restore ones faith in humanity & warm the heart. Keep up the great work. Here I am struggling to train a high drive reactive girl :o

You inspire me to do better. :thumbsup:

How does she go ..not being able to see body language?Does she make mistakes in interpretation ?

I guess she can compensate by listening to breathing rate ... and the difference between open mouth, and nasal .

I wonder if she also uses footsteps..the difference between a relaxed step, and a carefully controlled 'tiptoes' ?

She is looking wonderful!

I wondered that too Persephone.

It's amazing how she is looking directly at the pug as well. I also think you are doing a brilliant job with this girl Kirty.

My thoughts too, PS. The only one where Stevie looks a little 'lost' is in the 3rd photo from the top - in that one, she's poised, you can tell she's off as far as orientation is concerned, but you can see she's using her ears. I would suggest the Pug helped her out a bit.

Good work Kirty.