Pacers - Calling For Some Help.

Steve

We have a couple of cases we need some help with.

First is someone who is in a women's refuge who desperately needs someone in the Melbourne area to foster her dogs until she can find safe dog friendly accommodation

2 Pomeranian 1 male and one female 6 and 9 years old both desexed

2 JRT 1 male one female both desexed one 6 years one 9 years

Chipped, vaccinated - good with kids not with cats. They can go into foster homes separately .

This person is going back to their home each day at personal risk to feed these dogs and needs to find a solution asap.

Second we have been helping out a lot with the floods and we have been able to cover dogs and cats - thank you Eukanuba but we have some horses and poultry that we need to get some feed in for to hold the owners over if ever , when ever the insurance companies get their acts together. Probably better to take donations of cash to cover this rather than have it moving around all over the place.

If any one can help it would very much appreciated.

We have had $75 donated to cover some hay- thank you but no one as yet has put their hand up for some short term foster care for the dogs.

Pacers www.mdbapacers.org.au have got more cat and dog food going out early next week - so if anyone knows anyone in the Wagga- Naranderra - Griffith - Albury area who still need a hand Im happy to drop some off along the way - meet half way etc just give me a ring and Ill organise a drop off time. 0269276707

Also we are still a bit desperate for some donations to cover some hay for some horses and I will be doing some raffles and fundraising to try to cover the delivery expenses and more hay and chook feed and a bit of fencing /penning to hold until the insurance companies get their act together beginning this week .

We would appreciate the support. and we have had some great prizes donated. It appears centrelink have decided to exclude some small towns from being able to get the payment for flood victims even though there are some residents which have lost the lot as not enough people were affected in those areas and the insurance companies are mongrels - either wont cover the stock feed and or fencing or making people wait indefinitely.

Some people had no insurance and while human welfare services give them a bit of a hand they don't help them with their animals - which they need help with or they cant keep them. Without at least some temporary fencing where the fences have simply disappeared or fallen over its very stressful for them and the animals to keep them in one place.

So if anyone needs a hand Im on the move again next week or if you can get to me I can hand some over to you.

If you're coming near my place though wear aerogard the mozzies are ruthless.

Edited by Steve

How long do the dogs need to be minded for? I know someone who might be able to take one or two but it would only be short-term.

It will depend on how long before she can get out of the refuge into accommodation - Id like to say only a couple of weeks but it may be longer .

It may also come to us helping her to come to a decision that at least two will need to be re homed as in Victoria finding pet friendly accommodation is hard enough but most council areas have a 2 dog thingy - but for now we need to get them to a safe place as a priority.

Guest donatella

Shame the poms aren't in qld I would put my hand up immediately. Hope this lady gets foster for these guys.