Ridiculous/awesome Names

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Onslow was named after the character Onslow on Keeping Up Appearances. Both big and lazy - my Ons likes nothing better than slying on a couch :laugh: Although a few years ago we were on holidays at the beach and this lady commented on Onslow's name and said how patriotic I was - she thought he was named after Onslow MacArthur :laugh:

I'm dying to name a dog Bucket pronounced Bouquet :laugh:

Latte was named Latte because she is white chocolate, milk chocolate and dark chocolate colouring. Mocha was named to keep up with the coffee theme and the new pup *cross fingers* will be Chino. when Latte has her pups I have already decided on a "tea" theme for them - Dilmah, Twinings, Earl, Grey, Green, Jasmine, Chai, Tea :laugh:

Jag/Jaeger is named after the vodka. :rofl:

Carl came with his name, but it often gets mistaken for being named after that Carl Williams guy from Underbelly. :mad And everyone asks if Mischa is named after Mischa Barton! (I love her...shhhh)

My parrot's name is Barnaby, which everyone tells me is an awful name. :o

i've always wanted to call a dog strudle - i think it would be hilarious to call it out, highish pitched across a dog park! 'struuuu-dlllee!'

i've had cats called:

marzipan

sargeant pepper

swanny (she was the ugliest kitten at 6 weeks, then when we went to pick her up at 8 weeks she was the prettiest, so like the ugly duckling turning into the beautiful swan)

i knew a horse called giggles whose dam was chuckles. silliest names for stock horses i ever heard of!

ons: bouquet would be fab as a dog name!

My Onslow was named after the character Onslow on Keeping Up Appearances. Both big and lazy - my Ons likes nothing better than slying on a couch :laugh: Although a few years ago we were on holidays at the beach and this lady commented on Onslow's name and said how patriotic I was - she thought he was named after Onslow MacArthur :laugh:

Latte was named Latte because she is white chocolate, milk chocolate and dark chocolate colouring. Mocha was named to keep up with the coffee theme and the new pup *cross fingers* will be Chino. when Latte has her pups I have already decided on a "tea" theme for them - Dilmah, Twinings, Earl, Grey, Green, Jasmine, Chai, Tea :laugh:

When I lived in Canada, a friend of a friend had a ginger cat named Pekoe, after the popular tea blend there Orange Pekoe. I've always thought it was a cute name. You could add that to your list :)

Has to be spelt Bucket though. Confuse lotsa people.

Hmmm I had a horse called Legg

Our childhood dog was called Snoopy - I know original

We also had a Beverly Anne and Rhonda Margaret oh and Fat Allison.

Cats were Whiskas, Thomas John, Sebastian, Precious, Ghengis ( a large undesexed boy) and Snowy for a white cat - once again original

My husband called his dog Brutus, full name Brutus Boofhead Beafcake - He is an oversized Stafford after all :)

Our cats we have now are Boo and Harrison Barney - thats what you get when the kids help you pick names!

Rommi and Lewis are positively normal really :)

we have K9, named by OH huge Dr who fan, after the Dr's faithful traveling companion.

we also have Jess, she made that choice herself

a cockatiel named Bird (he belongs to the autistic son)

we used to have a budgie called blacky, he was all yellow and loved to throw a tenis ball, a SBT named Mack,(as in the truck)

God, there are some awesome names on here! I love unusual names for pets. Trying to remember all the ones we have had, lol.

Dogs: Roger, Jess, Pete, Poppy, Bubbi (was stray), Wally (Wallace Tripod Furperson has three legs), Stella

Cats: Ebony (black burmese, original) and Blaze is my orange tabby, named so because his eyes are bright orange. My mums is Koko, God of Mischief, it totally fits, lol.

Had budgies called Mickey, Gerry, Sandy and Jingo (after a Terry Pratchett novel)

Guinea pigs Shelly and my little brother called his Fluffy

I had mice too, but can't remember what their names were, lol. Oh, one was Sooty.

I also love the name Pivot for a whippet!

ETA: our stepfathers staffy is names Rasta, short for Rastafarian.

Edited by crazydoglady

I had a cat called Milkcat (she was white). I have a dog called Champa which was named after a friend's mother. :o I used to have a budgie called Egg because she was white and had no wing or tail feathers!

I love random human names too. There's 2 Geoffreys at my park now! 2 of them!! Both staffy mixes - one was meant to be Keith but they looked at him and something just said 'Geoffrey'. :rofl:

We also have an Aussie Bulldog called Meatballs, and a little Staffy girl Pickle. I live for the day that those guys become friends. Oh, then they can play with Felafel the oodle and my life will be complete.

Oh, and Sparkles the CKCS.

oh god, and Brian the little mini daschy.. ahhh, love those human names!

Edited by Alkhe

I love random human names too. There's 2 Geoffreys at my park now! 2 of them!! Both staffy mixes - one was meant to be Keith but they looked at him and something just said 'Geoffrey'. :rofl:

Geoffrey is a brilliant dog's name. I knew one as a kid - he was named after his owner, Geoffrey :laugh:

:laugh:

Once had a guy came into my work with a dog called Dog, and a cat called Cat. I assumed he had little imagination...............

lol our Budgie is named Bird :laugh: got sick of trying to think of a name for him so Bird kinda stuck :laugh:

My Son's imaginary dogs were KangoPuppy and GoGoPuppy and his imaginary cat was Fred( and "she" was purple and green), he also had an imaginary sister called "Ziggedy-Zaggedy", and my son and his bestie at Preschool both would only answer to GooGoo. I might have to use some of those names one day, just because it would embarrass him :laugh:

a childhood friend's Doberman -Adolf (as in Hitler)

our childhood German Shepherd- Fritz as in german sausage

Fiend's cat- Choko

A woman on my usual walk in Bathurst called her dog PorkChop

my dog's original name was Pudding because he was a guts, but we renamed him to something more boring

I know a greyhound called Twiggy, but for some reason I always think it's Sticky.