Ridiculous/awesome Names

I love random human names too. There's 2 Geoffreys at my park now! 2 of them!! Both staffy mixes - one was meant to be Keith but they looked at him and something just said 'Geoffrey'. :rofl:

We also have an Aussie Bulldog called Meatballs, and a little Staffy girl Pickle. I live for the day that those guys become friends. Oh, then they can play with Felafel the oodle and my life will be complete.

Oh, and Sparkles the CKCS.

oh god, and Brian the little mini daschy.. ahhh, love those human names!

Brian the mini daschy I love it.I know of two daschy's called Graeme and Neil.A good friend of mine had four daschy's once called Ray,Ralph,Sally and Douglas.A new neighbour moved in behind her and about a week later he popped his head over the fence and introduced himself and his name was Doug.He said he was a little worried when he would come out into the garden to hear "Doug get out of that bloody garden!!!".He thought she was yelling at him :laugh:

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always been partial to the pedigree name "Waikikamukau oohs and aahs" who pops up in the WA ANKC newsletter every now and again :laugh:

The only animals I've ever named myself have been hermit crabs. I had Hermie, Wormy, Squirmy and Kermit (Kermie) :o

Guest donatella

A friend growing up had a chihuahua called killer...

I know a guy, he's a big dark guy, works in security type roles who has a tiny long haired chi named Chopper ha

Love some of the names :laugh: My first pet mice were Royal Shah and Gentys Pride - I got their names out of the race guide!! :laugh: My son named a couple of our pups when he was little. We had Boot and Gerty. I didn't ask him to name any more after that.... My most unusual one now would be Ingrid. She came with the name. I wasn't really too fussed with it but she really is Ingrid so I couldn't change it. Jersey was named Jersey cause she was born brown with a white stripe like a jersey caramel :D

Had a bitza bitch named Blanche (she was almost pure white all over)

Preston, a Dalmation, who also got Prestonelli, Prestonovich,and Prestonicci.

Tosca, my GR named after a famous Showjumper.

Clancy, a GSD x Rotti.

Cats: Siamese named Patrick and a Burmese named Banjo Catterson.

I prefer the simple names. After years of naming dogs great names, only to have the mouths go and other show disasters. I decided to name my last Stafford the most boring human name I could come up with, so "Brett" it was.

I have a Borzoi called "Pavlova" , my other half said " you'd wanna name him Pav, as you are going to be cooking an effing lot of those for bringing him home "

We have an English springer spaniel whom, when we first got him, I called minstral (because he sang all the time) after one too many people asked if I was suffering pms when I named him (think about it) we changed it to fred... (that's the biggest mistake name I've done)

we've also had cats called

snakebait

roadkill

dim and sim (2 stray kittens who did not stay with us too long)

now i stick to conventional names, we have fred, sophie (mnamed before we got her) and milo (again named before he came to us)

Just remembered one of my OH's workmate has a mini dachshund named Kransky :laugh:

Hahah, yep I just remembered my housemate's girlfriend's dog - Frankie the Mini Daschy. :laugh:

There are also 2 pugs at my park, Alfa and Romeo.

My Onslow was named after the character Onslow on Keeping Up Appearances. Both big and lazy - my Ons likes nothing better than slying on a couch :laugh: Although a few years ago we were on holidays at the beach and this lady commented on Onslow's name and said how patriotic I was - she thought he was named after Onslow MacArthur :laugh:

I'm dying to name a dog Bucket pronounced Bouquet :laugh:

Latte was named Latte because she is white chocolate, milk chocolate and dark chocolate colouring. Mocha was named to keep up with the coffee theme and the new pup *cross fingers* will be Chino. when Latte has her pups I have already decided on a "tea" theme for them - Dilmah, Twinings, Earl, Grey, Green, Jasmine, Chai, Tea :laugh:

When I lived in Canada, a friend of a friend had a ginger cat named Pekoe, after the popular tea blend there Orange Pekoe. I've always thought it was a cute name. You could add that to your list :)

love it - thank you!

The strangest name I have come across is Cabbage for a Labrador, no idea why.

Also heard of a cat called Whoopee - try calling that out from the back door at night and see what the neighbours think.

my cat is Hyacinth, she got out one night, I was trawling the streets calling "Hyacinth, Hyacinth" feeling like a real dill brain and kicking myself for calling her that :laugh: She now comes to Heidi :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I have a pup here at the moment who doesn't yet have a proper name.

Nicknamed in the early days as 'christmas' as we had run out of ribbon colours and all that we had was leftover Christmas ribbon!

Problem is now she knows her nickname and comes to it when called. I think it's stuck!

Will be interesting to call out 'christmas' in public!!! Especially as she is going to grow into a big slobbery Dogue De Bordeaux :)

Edited by tashnchief

We had a budgie that flew in our front door many years ago and proceeded to bite everyone. His name was Sid (Vicious).

We had a GSD who's name was Phantom because he would disappear at bath time.

My wee little bantam rooster was named Frank. I have a one eyed chook atm and her name was originally Iris, now it's Eyeless :D .