Dogzonline Forum

Steve

Sometimes things happen here which get people mad, upset ,feeling bullied or not listened to etc but the positive things that happen here are pretty bloody awesome too.

It truly is a "family" a community where some people have support and a feeling of belonging which they dont necessarily get in their daily lives.

There are the obvious things like support for someone's home businesses and being able to meet up off line for coffee and dog outings etc.

the awards help me to see more with people like Alix who did something she felt was insignificant and sent someone some herbs to help with healing their dog.

that person shared that info and that one small gift impacted many dogs and increased their quality of life. People like Adrianna who answered a call when Kim was run over and broke her legs and needed someone to walk her dogs .they had never met before and every day she arrived at kim's house and inconvenience to herself - walked Kim's dogs and stayed around for a chat which many days was the only human contact Kim had as she was house bound.

Julie's dogz friends who alerted us to her being so very ill and needing a hand to look after her cats and who were there to support her through a most scary and horrible illness.

I had an email form Julie yesterday and she is now much better and her stress level is much better.

The help people on this forum rallied around for someone they knew only from this forum when her house burnt down - which enabled her to be able to claim her insurance, have her animals looked after for almost a year and have cash to help her out while she recovered. the beautiful community quilt which people on this forum donated squares to so that she knows for the rest of her life that throughout the time she was suffering that people here cared about her - without this forum none of that would have happened.

Those who alerted us to Vicstar's plight after her Mum died and donated money to enable us to get her dogs to safety, a forum member who is still stuck with a pain in the neck after coming to the rescue and those who helped move dogs and rehome them were awesome. Without this forum those dozen dogs would not have had such a happy outcome.

Heather, Tammy, Donna all forum members - awesome.

More recently there was Erny where forum members went out of their way to let her know what they thought of her and sent her gifts and well wishes, prayers and donated for her dogz community quilt which she can look at for the rest of her life knowing we cared while she was so scared and facing brain surgery to remove tumours.

Now this one http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/235804-what-a-beautiful-surprise-gift-from-a-mystery-doler/

I know some days we see the negative but today its good to acknowledge the positive about this community we have built and feel good about the great things the people here do to help each other and be there for each other when its needed.

There are hundreds more stories like this and none of it possible with out Troy and the people who come together here.

Thank you.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Panzer Attack!

I'd like to use this opportunity to thank DOL's very own Murve for looking after my Papillon while I'm in hospital - my housemate can't cope with both dogs and she has been so incredibly kind to offer to puppy-sit.

Also want to thank DOL got introducing me to Paptacular! and her amazing-ness as a breeder, she has been a fantastic introduction to purebred dogs for me.

Wouldn't have my job or my favourite person if it weren't for DOL either... I love this website!! Xx

I'd also like to take the opportunity to thank Sarasmum who came and visited me in hospital when I was far from home and brought me some wonderful clothes and chocolate which I badly needed! :D I still haven't found a way to thank her properly but she made such a huge difference, as did everyone's thoughts during that time, it definitely helped me through it :)

Great post.

I'd like to use this opportunity to thank DOL's very own Murve for looking after my Papillon while I'm in hospital - my housemate can't cope with both dogs and she has been so incredibly kind to offer to puppy-sit.

Also want to thank DOL got introducing me to Paptacular! and her amazing-ness as a breeder, she has been a fantastic introduction to purebred dogs for me.

Wouldn't have my job or my favourite person if it weren't for DOL either... I love this website!! Xx

My best friend in the whole world is a doler. I couldn't have got through this past year without them.

I'd also like to take the opportunity to thank Sarasmum who came and visited me in hospital when I was far from home and brought me some wonderful clothes and chocolate which I badly needed! :D I still haven't found a way to thank her properly but she made such a huge difference, as did everyone's thoughts during that time, it definitely helped me through it :)

Sounds like a nomination to me.

Thank you Sarasmum for taking time out for woofnhoof.

Great post.

My best friend in the whole world is a doler. I couldn't have got through this past year without them.

Cody who needed heaps of help and wouldn't accept it - you're pretty special too.

Yep, thankyou DOL and PACERS

You should take a bow too Kirislin - you have been there for Julie and I know how much she appreciates you. Me too.

friends help friends, but YOU helped a stranger.

Actually you help many strangers! :thumbsup:

Edited by Kirislin

Sounds like a nomination to me.

Thank you Sarasmum for taking time out for woofnhoof.

Oh piffle. I just wanted to see what Woof had her Kindle dressed in ;)

It was a pleasure.

It was wonderful to hear and see the warmth and integrity and genuine friendship of the DOLer's at the MDBA Awards. I have made friends and some training buddies as well from DOL and they all enrich my life. Its just too easy to give the negative ones all the power to ruin you day, friendships, passion or life - focussing on what is genuinely good balances and over-ride the negative. Thankyou for reminding us of this Steve. Oh and Troy without you non of this would be possible. :thumbsup::flower:

Group hug for everyone :grouphug:

Edited by Tapua

Great post.

Cody who needed heaps of help and wouldn't accept it - you're pretty special too.

Me? :o