DerRottweiler

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest donatella

:cry: :cry:

I'm sorry to hear this.

You've been the best owner, done everything you can and I'm sure he will know that until the very end getting spoilt rotten!

Dr, I am so sorry to hear Bison has relapsed.

I know you will ensure that each day he has will be wonderful for both of you. He is a lucky boy to have had you there for him throughout his life and during his illness. You are lucky to have each other.

I will be thinking of you both during this difficult time ahead. :kissbetter::hug:

What sad news Der R. I'm so very sorry. Bison has you on his side and you will do whatever is best for him as you have done all along, there's no doubt about that.

You couldn't have done more to help him than you've done. I believe being a day early when that very sad time comes is always better than being a day late.

I wish you and Bison the best that life has to offer you on your heartbreaking journey. He knows he's a very much loved boy.

Oh DerRottweiler I am so so sorry to read about the latest update on Bison and can relate to how you are feeling. He is so well-loved by you and I know you will do the right thing by him, and I hope the both of you enjoy whatever time you have left together, I'm sorry I don't have many words that are useful to console you as you know it is a matter so close to my heart, I just wish you all the best and strength and courage with whatever you do, all my best thoughts are heading your way. :hug:

So sorry to read your sad news update on Bison.:cry: You gave me hope, that there might be a fair chance to buy more time for our GWP Struppie. He is having chemo tomorrow - not yet in remission, lumps already came back after 3 weeks of no chemo, now trying more aggressive treatment. Great to have a permanent job.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone.

Bison has responded well to his drugs over the last few days and the swelling is down again, he is eating again and seems quite a bit better. Although he is still a little down and everyone that knows him can tell he isn't 100%.

So sorry to read your sad news update on Bison.:cry: You gave me hope, that there might be a fair chance to buy more time for our GWP Struppie. He is having chemo tomorrow - not yet in remission, lumps already came back after 3 weeks of no chemo, now trying more aggressive treatment. Great to have a permanent job.

Don't fret. The chemo did buy Bison time, don't forget, untreated he would have died in about 6 weeks.

Furthermore, every dog is different, it really depends on how aggressive the cancer is. Some dogs live for 2 or 3 years after treatment. So I see no reason as to why one wouldn't pursue this avenue.

If you want to put a positive spin on it, all dogs die, some go earlier, some go later. I think in the future, once I'm over the fact that my dog was the unlucky one that got Lymphoma, I'll be happy that I spent a lot of time with him and got to say an extended goodbye.

I really commend you for the perspective you have on this.

We lose them all at some point, but you know you will be losing him sooner rather than later so get to cherish the time you have together, makes sense.

you are lucky to have each other .

• 1 month later...

I think in the future, once I'm over the fact that my dog was the unlucky one that got Lymphoma, I'll be happy that I spent a lot of time with him and got to say an extended goodbye.

Such a wonderful attitude, and one both you and Bison will benefit from :)

Hey guys,

13/10/2012

Things are as they were last update.

Bison is still well, he is eating well and seems himself, his medicine is working in that his lymph nodes are under control.

However, he is more sluggish. His abdomen also seems bloated, the vet said that this is because his liver and spleen have grown on the medication, there could also be cancer involvement.

He does not have long left, when the meds stop working the cancer will hit hard and fast. I am keeping a close eye on him, as soon as he stops eating/drinking and is no longer interested in going for walks or playing, then I will PTS. Sad because he doesn't really look sick at all.

Will keep you all posted.

Thanks.