Bison The Rottweiler And His Lymphoma Battle

DerRottweiler

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, K9angel sent Bison some biscuits which he absolutely destroyed. I thank her kindly for that. I was meant to take pics and post them, but he got to them somehow and literally ate them all. :laugh:

That's nice - he is enjoying himself :) Living in the moment has a lot of advantages !

Thanks for the updates...take care

Bison popped into my head last night then again this morning.

I am sorry to read of his relapse :(

Glad to hear he is still with us and making the most of his time and being spoilt rotten :)

Sending you all big healing hugs :grouphug:

26/10/2012

Last night Bison's condition rapidly deteriorated. I took him to Lort Smith emergency and they advised that he seemed fine, perhaps his leg was injured (he was struggling to get up/sit down etc). I was mentally prepared to PTS but the vet advised to give it another day or two. He was prescribed tramadol.

This morning his condition was even worse. I got up serveral times last night to check on him and he was sleeping fine and he had changed spots a couple of times. But from about 6am to 10am he did not move. I encouraged him to get up/move etc, he would not. He was not interested in food nor was he interested in coming outside. It was then when I realised that he actually could not move. So my brother and I as well as a friend put him on a sheet and carried him into the car and then took him to the vet.

It is with a heavy heart that I inform you all that Bison has been PTS, he went peacefully in my arms with his favourite people surrouding him. I thank you all for the support that you have offered over the last 8 months.

RIP Bison, you were the best dog ever.

05/11/2006-26/10/2012.

Edited by DerRottweiler

I am so very sorry to learn it was time for Bison to leave. Der R, you have done the breed proud by being such a wonderful custodian for the Rottweiler breed. Bison was a lucky boy to have shared his life with you. You also were so very fortunate to be the carer of such a wonderful and very beautiful dog.

Der R, you did everything that could be done for Bison, you instinctvely seemed to know exactly what to do at precisely the right time. You have shown your deep love for Bison all through his and your battle against an evil disease.

Bison you will be sadly missed by all who followed your brave journey.

Rest in Peace.