Bison The Rottweiler And His Lymphoma Battle

DerRottweiler

Bison had chemo treament again on Thursday. Again, so far so good and no sides. I *think* that is the last of the different medicines he'll have (might have 1 more have to check). So out of the 4 that have been used so far, he only reacts badly to one (the oral tablets). They'll all be cycled in a different manner now. Of course he might still show sides in the coming days.

As of 21/04/2012, nothing to report. Everything is going well, all lymph node swelling is gone and cancerous cells in the blood are minimal. It seems remission isn't too far away if everything continues smoothly. Bison doesn't have chemo next week, he has a rest and continues in a fortnight.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D R "nothing to report" has a wonderful ring to it dont you think?????

Keep up the great work Bison

H

Indeed it does. :)

Fantastic news. Fingers very crossed for great outcome.

How long will he have to be on chemo?

25 weeks, he is on the 25 week UW-Madison protocol.

Similar to this: http://daveola.com/Zoo/Kodi/Health/Madison.html

21/04/2012: Everything is still fine. No sides, Bison is happy and healthy. :)

just found this thread and caught up with all the updates, while holding my breath hoping for the good news to keep flowing :D

So good to hear how well things are going!!!

have a game of tug with him on my behalf :thumbsup:

Hi, I've just come across your thread after posting in the health section also. My almost 4 year old rotty has digital melanoma discovered only a couple of months ago. Prognosis is not good but we hope to 'extend' his life and the quality of it as much as we can. He is currently undergoing a vaccine treatment from the USA which has not been tested greatly on melanoma of the nail bed. I guess you could say he is kind of a "guinea pig" in relation to his type of cancer and the treatment he is currently undergoing in Victoria. Such a young boy, we never would have imagined this type of cancer as it's normally seen in dogs aged 9+. We are currently having a few other health issues with him but don't think it's related to the melanoma.

Anyway,I have read your thread with interest including all the advice and comments. I will continue to do so. It is fantastic to read that things are going so well and I wish you and Bison the very best.

Hi, I've just come across your thread after posting in the health section also. My almost 4 year old rotty has digital melanoma discovered only a couple of months ago. Prognosis is not good but we hope to 'extend' his life and the quality of it as much as we can. He is currently undergoing a vaccine treatment from the USA which has not been tested greatly on melanoma of the nail bed. I guess you could say he is kind of a "guinea pig" in relation to his type of cancer and the treatment he is currently undergoing in Victoria. Such a young boy, we never would have imagined this type of cancer as it's normally seen in dogs aged 9+. We are currently having a few other health issues with him but don't think it's related to the melanoma.

Anyway,I have read your thread with interest including all the advice and comments. I will continue to do so. It is fantastic to read that things are going so well and I wish you and Bison the very best.

Good luck with the trial drug, I hope it works well and that your dog recovers and exceeds his life expectancy. :).

4 years old is far too young :(.

How is Bison DR? I hope he is still going well :)

Doing really well. :). Thanks for asking.

03/05/2012: Bison had chemo again today after a 2 week break. He has been adminstered this particular drug with no issues, so I assume he'll be fine again.

Good news from the Oncologist today, everything is in on track and there aren't any swollen nodes or cancer cells in the blood. Next week Bison is being treated at home again, that being the only drug that he didn't react well to so far. So will be interesting to see how it goes, I have anti nausea meds this time.

In terms of everything else, is appetite is perfect, he is exercising and very active, basically his usual self with no complications. :)

Thanks for reading all.

Great to hear Bison is doing so well.

With Sophie I found nausea to be a big problem with the chemo drug she was taking daily. It caused her to drool and she wasn't a drooly dog. Once I put her on a fairly heavy dose of anti nausea meds she felt much better and there was a lot less drooling.