The Strangest Thing Just Happened Here

Staffyluv

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats awful and very creepy. :eek: Id be freaked, so you are doing a good job....and ditto to what everyone else has said, keep a very close eye on your dogs.

The person sounds like they are very familiar with the layout of your place, to be able to do that so quickly and not be heard. You mentioned you have clients come and go all the time,Im just wondering if this person could be connected with that???

It is all to weird..

The hacksaw, the blood, the frozen dog food given to the dog (it was our food, straight from our freezer)...

None of it makes any sense to me at all...

Ziggy seems fine, I was not to worried about that as it was our barf patty, still in the double freezer pack and frozen that he was eating... one side had the plastic removed from the top, peeled back...

Seriously who walks I to someone's backyard and feeds their dog?. With a hacksaw?..

I just can't get my head around it.

My 20 year old son is here and we are checking out different security systems on line now...

I do have clients come and go. I run an accounting business from home. Well my office is in the backyard of the house. The office is by appointment only but the dogs have to be friendly in case someone just shows up without making an appointment... I usually put them inside a few minutes before clients are due, so they don't have to deal with the dogs wanting to say hello... A lot of clients don't even realise I have dogs...

Crap that would have terrified me :( I don't want to freak you out (anymore than you are already) but please keep a good eye on him tonight just in case the sicko poisoned the food :(

My immediate thought too.....

Guest Willow

I also don't mean to scare you, but it sounds like someone who is familiar with the layout, and perhaps is trying to win the affections of Ziggy so they can come back at a later date. I would also be blitzing the security....cameras, lights etc, and plenty of notices to say they are about.

My 20 year old son is here and we are checking out different security systems on line now...

I saw a system at Costco a couple of weeks ago.... are you a member or know someone who can take you as a guest so that you could check it out? It seemed to be well priced.

I agree with others it seems very sus.

I'm thinking outside the box here.

But what if he doesn't like Ziggy and maybe wants to poison him with food in the future.

Either way, this isn't a good situation. I'd call the police and inform them of what happened.

Try to get yourself some security company business cards too and leave them wedged in doors and gates-security companies leave a card/s to show they have done visits to homes and workplaces overnight

If you can't afford security cameras everywhere you can also buy pretend ones on eBay that you can mount for about $15. I used to work for a company that sold them and they look very real (flashing 'recording' light, etc)

And I know it sounds stupid but for tonight I'd be putting something noisy (bucket of cans or something) precariously balanced on gates so if some clown tries to come back you'll hear the clatter

How scary....and strange. Absolutely the last thing you need right now!!! I would insist the police come out tomorrow regardless too. :hug:

And I know it sounds stupid but for tonight I'd be putting something noisy (bucket of cans or something) precariously balanced on gates so if some clown tries to come back you'll hear the clatter

I was going to post the exact same suggestion. Not silly, in my books.

SL sounds pretty secure atm though. I expect they'll be fine for the time being.

Not really..I had a stalker (long story) and he kept on trying to get to windows & fusebox. So I cris crossed the frontyard with fishing wire connected to hollow tins/pots. The next night he got all caught up in the wire (invisible in the dark) the dogs went nuts and the neighbours next door were disturbed as well! No more!

I saw a system at Costco a couple of weeks ago.... are you a member or know someone who can take you as a guest so that you could check it out? It seemed to be well priced.

I am a member so will go and have a look tomorrow...

We have the gates padlocked and a couple of big timber sleepers wedged inside both gates.

The house is secure as we have the shark mesh security screens and the pups are inside with us now...

I have turned on the sensor lights that light up the backyard and the driveway to my office and the back deck. I have also left the light on at the back deck, the kitchen light is on and I don't thik I will sleep much tonight.

The pups are asleep on the end of my bed, totally oblivious to anything going on..

Thanks for the security ideas...

Crap that would have terrified me :( I don't want to freak you out (anymore than you are already) but please keep a good eye on him tonight just in case the sicko poisoned the food :(

Ditto - just reading your post scared me.

Have you reported it to the police?

I hope the dogs have got through the night with no ill effects. It's strange that he didn't try to hide the fact he'd been there. Did you son say he was hurrying away? Did you tell the police he left blood behind? I think I'd be asking them to get samples of it. How unsettling :mad

He might have been trying to rob your house, rather than steal ziggy. Definitely report to the police and let your neighbors know what happened. Look at swann for alarm systems, especially the reconditioned ones.

Agree with Persephone,Enery & others. This is scarey stuff. Amp up security, keep in contact with police & I wouldn't be letting your dogs out of your sight for a second.

Maybe this creep has been watching you, from a neighbouring fence or something as he seems very familiar with the layout of entry & freezer e.t.c Just seems all to easy for him IMHO

It must be very frightening for everyone concerned. Hope he is caught quickly. Stay safe.

Edited by BC Crazy

I hope the dogs have got through the night with no ill effects. It's strange that he didn't try to hide the fact he'd been there. Did you son say he was hurrying away? Did you tell the police he left blood behind? I think I'd be asking them to get samples of it. How unsettling :mad

Dogs are fine, we are fine.. No further strangeness to report... That has to be the oddest thing that has ever happened to me.

My son said he saw him walking past the front of our house and walking away from the house (so it may not have been the person who was in the backyard). He did call out to him a few times but the guy just kept walking away..

Yes the police know about the hacksaw and the blood. I told them everything I posted here and they were none to worried about it.

I think (but obviously can't be sure) that it was someone checking the place out (perhaps to rob it) and they have come across Ziggy... I think the fact that the food was given to him was just random luck that whoever was in the yard checked the freezer and the dog food was there... Dog food is the only thing in the freezer.

Ziggy is so friendly, he wouldn't bark at someone if they appeared friendly... Pippa would have though..

Try not to panic. Everyones imagination is running wild here & it is all speculation.

Yes it is strange & it would be frightening but it may be some harmless twit that is homeless or down on their luck that didn't know the dog was there & hoped there was food in that freezer to distract it.

You don't know why the man was there but if he was a violent criminal & wanted to harm the dog & then break in he would have done. Instead he fed the dog & left so he sounds like an opportunist who bumped into your dog.

The police don't seem to think he was the hacksaw serial killer or the organiser of a mega dog stealing ring & they would have some clue if this were so.

Put some security up for future safety & to ease your mind & be concerned but try not to be scared by imaginary scenarios.

OMG how unsettling and scary this is... some good advice given here SL... I dont know how the police can be so unconcerned still i guess they have what they see as bigger concerns going on. Did they take down details? if not i would call again today and insist on making a formal report.. then it is on the records

cheers

helen