Should We Disclose A Foster Dogs Past When Being Rehomed?.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As a matter of public record there is a current charitable fundraising licence, searchable at - www.licence.nsw.gov.au It is not due for renewal till sept 13, which is when the first lot of audit books would be submitted. They do not have a deductible gift recipient status, so donations are not tax deductible, searchable at www.abn.business.gov.au

oops - already posted by JRT rescue

Edited by bonny_beagle

That is a deregistration of Incorporation, not charity status and as far as I am concerned you don't have charity status until you can issue tax receipts which is approved by the ATO which they don't have, they are registered with a CFN which means they are allowed to fund raise but not give out tax receipts so people can claim.

Half the rescue groups out there at the moment have nothing. Not an ABN, 16d or CFN nothing at all

So I am concerned for rescue across the board. For me all of them should be under scrutiny

Guest donatella

Someone at PR must be shitting themselves, all the please donate here posts have been removed from their facebook page.

Someone at PR must be shitting themselves, all the please donate here posts have been removed from their facebook page.

:thumbsup:

Not all of it, found one.

Edited by shmoo

Clauses, ABNs, and Charity Status' aside, it's the practices of the group I'm more concerned about.

This thread highlighting just one of many incidents.

Very true, but they have more responsibility to upholding what the guidelines and laws dictate and make them much more reportable if they breach them.

I would dread to count the amount of incidents that have occurred, knowing of a few was more than enough, what has remained quiet under their veil of 'you can only agree with us' mentality would be even worse (one would guess)

Guest donatella

I still see a few links and pictures about them :o

Oh crap my eyes are failing me, I swore I couldn't see any just before

I have been blocked from posting....geez just coz I asked :would I get a tax invoice if I donated.

I have been blocked from posting....geez just coz I asked :would I get a tax invoice if I donated.

I have been blocked too.

How could you ask such a thing :rofl:

I was blocked long ago, seems asking questions is bad :laugh:

So what are we, as a community, going to do to ensure these incidents do not happen again?

So what are we, as a community, going to do to ensure these incidents do not happen again?

I've been trying to think of something.

That is the hard thing, the people that are able to do something are the ones directly affected, but most have been silenced by threats, and abuse :mad

That is a deregistration of Incorporation, not charity status and as far as I am concerned you don't have charity status until you can issue tax receipts which is approved by the ATO which they don't have, they are registered with a CFN which means they are allowed to fund raise but not give out tax receipts so people can claim.

Half the rescue groups out there at the moment have nothing. Not an ABN, 16d or CFN nothing at all

So I am concerned for rescue across the board. For me all of them should be under scrutiny

I'm just going through this now as we've got bigger and busier and not doing it as a hobby status.

For NSW (we run as an unicporated organisation) you need a a Management Commitee, business bank account in the name of the actual rescue, register a business name (even as an unincorporated organisation), an ABN, they issue you with a TFN at the same time, you need to apply for a Fundraising Licence, then there is the Income Tax registration so you're not paying income tax and FBT and then there's Deductable Gift status.

And with that, comes being audited once a year.

Most rescues don't have this but to me I think it's just the next step in being legal & ethical.

Edited by sas

For NSW (we run as an unicporated organisation) you need a a Management Commitee, business bank account in the name of the actual rescue, register a business name (even as an unincorporated organisation), an ABN, they issue you with a TFN at the same time, you need to apply for a Fundraising Licence, then there is the Income Tax registration so you're not paying income tax and FBT and then there's Deductable Gift status.

And with that, comes being audited once a year.

Most rescues don't have this but to me I think it's just the next step in being legal & ethical.

To be fair, you don't need any of this stuff.

IF, you are not asking for donations. Plenty of individuals and private groups get by without asking for donations. And there's no regulation saying Rescue needs any of this stuff if they're not.

But, I agree. Every Rescue should be taking steps to doing all of this. It actually makes everything so much easier and simpler in the long run.

I've seen some people in Rescue moaning that they don't have a Clause 16d so can't easily save from Pounds - a Clause 16d is as easy as getting Westfields Giftcard (wish it wasn't). If they can't even be bothered to take that step, they're not going to take any others.

PR is an unincorporated association - which pretty well means they are nothing but a group of people with a common interest. They are not accountable , not a charity, not able to give tax deductible receipts etc .

Any one can ask for a donation and anyone can give them a gift - they cant run raffles etc without an approval to fundraise but thats about all they are restricted in. The big difference is that if you fundraise as in run a raffle etc you are restricted in how much you can take from what comes in for admin costs - so for example. Pacers currently has a raffle running - Before we can do that we have to work out how much we hope to get in via ticket sales, and how much its going to cost us to run it .printing of tickets, promotion, purchasing the prizes if we need to and postage etc. Depending on which state you have approval to fundraise in you are restricted in what you are able to use from what you get in to run it too.

These guys are not fundraising so donations,sales, etc can be used how ever they like. There is only an audit if you have charity status and or approvals to fundraise.

There is much confusion in the rescue and welfare areas about donations etc due to people not checking who they are donating to and what the person receiving the money will do with it . Because they are not incorporated the chances you could prove they are doing anything wrong is remote and even if they were you have to spot the person who did the wrong thing and sue them personally because they are not really an entity.The good news is they would have to sue you as an individual and not have the protection of limited liability or insurance that being incorporated would give them.

Concentrating on this aspect is in my opinion a wasted energy - it wont get them gone or make them operate any differently though educating people on who they donate to may slow em down.

Edited by Steve