Should We Disclose A Foster Dogs Past When Being Rehomed?.

I agree that everything you know about a dog should be disclosed, also there are too many good dogs dying. Sadly we cant save them all.

Greylvr, I totally agree there. Sadly a lot of the "new" rescues popping up of late are saving anything CUTE with a pulse! Dogs that are really nice but NOT "cute" are being passed over for "cute" dogs with serious problems both behavioural and medical! I'm also angry that problems like severe seperation anxiety get described as "like to always be close to their human" or "must be only dog" if the dog has serious agression issues.

I think its not fair on all the rescues doing good things, and then having their work undone or picking up the pieces for rescues that just wanna save it becasue its CUTE without thought for the animal or new owners.

I wouldn't only say it is dogs that are "cute" - far from it. Although beauty is in the eye of the beholder ...

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think this thread is incredibly important as I was having the most horrible time being harassed by a Rescue because I disclosed to a Pet rehoming website that the dog was being Falsely advertised and was dangerous. I witnessed this dog bite numerous people and attack other dogs with 2 victims needing stitches. The dog was being advertised as a bit nipppy becasue it was a puppy }:( I provided the evidence and the paper work that we had provided to the local council to have the dog listed as dangerous even though it had been removed some time ago from a friends care. The dog was delisted along with a second dog we said was severly dog agressive as we had done the transport for this dog and it wanted to rip every other dogs face off. The reason I left this rescue was that it was rehoming "cute" dogs with serious problems and not disclosing things like the dogs had had serious illness like Parvo or head injuries etc. One dog had had pnuemonia and had a servely decreased lung capacity and the new family had adopted it to take trail riding :(. The dog is as sensitive as a pug and the new family were incredibly distressed that they may have almost unintentionally killed their dog because of his decreased lung capacity! Rescues that don't temprement test before placing in foster care are BIG trouble as they are putting people at risk amd problems are only found out once something BAD happens and not before. Full disclosure of hea;th and temprement is essential for the long term welfare of the adoptees and the dog!

Good on you for exposing them for non disclosure and lies. I think this goes on a lot more than we think.