Should We Disclose A Foster Dogs Past When Being Rehomed?.

Aha...you got me started again lol, I come & go checking them & chime in here & there.

I was so angry they deleted both your question & my follow up question [i am Adele in case you did not guess] - which were very relevant. Most of mine get deleted too.

She had a dig at me later on then deleted my post again.

Feel very sorry for the people that donate. Their about page says they have a community of 5500 members - another reason for the average person not familiar with rescue to assume they are super duper.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Feel very sorry for the people that donate. Their about page says they have a community of 5500 members - another reason for the average person not familiar with rescue to assume they are super duper.

Me too. Numbers do talk huh :(

I have also questioned why they would fundraise for a dog that was in Blacktown pound and in the care of the pound but were taking donations for the dog for the rescue group it might go to for medical care

This dog as far as I know had a loving home and was going home but due to injuries needed medical help

My concern was them accepting money for a dog that may never be in their or any other rescues hands

I am fully away that money could be used on other dogs and if that is stated on a page or website I have no

problem if they exceed their donations request to cover a bill, but to take money for a dog that you may

not get that doesnt sit well with me.

Again though, if someone is operating within the laws then how do you stop it.

Ok, well I emailed Hawkesbury Pound, one of the two they post for.

If you like the dog your name goes on a waiting list until the due date for owner claiming etc has passed.

They then contact you to take the dog...if you have changed your mind they go sown the list etc etc.

"There are no comments on the dogs behaviour, as the dogs respond differently to different people, and we prefer that you come in and meet the dog yourself, to see if it is suitable for you. You are welcome to bring along your dog from home to meet our dogs too.

The cost reflects whether or not the dog is microchipped and lifetime registered – if it is it’s only $36.50, if not it can go up to a maximum of $229 depending on whether it is desexed, microchipped etc.

We don’t desex the dogs here, but offer you the opportunity to have the dog desexed at a discounted rate at local vets."

This being the case I cannot see how they have the nerve to ask for donations..people should go straight to the pound. Obviously they only pass the name on.

Just does not seem right to me.

Shall see what Blacktown have to say now.

i think if more and more people ask question, knowing full well they are going to get deleted but at least some will see if and slowly maybe a few people will see.

I have already notified somebody that I know that has donated and won't again, 1 down how many to go.

i think if more and more people ask question, knowing full well they are going to get deleted but at least some will see if and slowly maybe a few people will see.

I have already notified somebody that I know that has donated and won't again, 1 down how many to go.

About 5500. :laugh: Don't worry I am helping ;)

I think raising awareness of these bad and dangerous practices is the responsible thing for people to do. In the past year, more and more people have spoken out against them from personal experiences and far too often it's brushed aside as the usual 'rescue bitching.'

This is not the case with this group. When a group such as this is putting people and dogs in danger, concerns should be voiced, and questions should be asked.

I was wondering if it was worth asking the pounds they post for if they are happy with them or even aware of their practices.

The trouble is that they are not a rescue group so which governing body would they come under.

Guest donatella

It's like trying to talk to a bunch of cult victims, brainwashed I tell you!

Oh well, you know what they say about a fool and his money...

The whole thread was I believe. Don't worry I got a screen shot.

wish I thought of that. I get deleted or ignored.

I just saw this post "We still need to assist financially when dogs are fostered as rescue groups rely on donations too" &

"By the way, please dont stop sending in offers of fosters! Some rescues are still able to help if we provide a carer!"

Would that be right? Do they send money on? I doubt it.

Edited by amp

Guest donatella

I just saw this post "We still need to assist financially when dogs are fostered as rescue groups rely on donations too" &

"By the way, please dont stop sending in offers of fosters! Some rescues are still able to help if we provide a carer!"

Most rescues vet their foster carers and do home checks etc, so surely pound rounds can forward a persons name on, but it would be up to the rescue to do the hard yards of following it up.

I just cant believe peoples are putting money into these numpties accounts for being the middle man, using material and photographs already published by the pounds and then relying on the rescues to do the saves anyway. Where on earth does this money go? with over 8000 likes on facebook i'd say their bank account it sitting quite pretty and i'd question how much of it is spent on the dogs.

None of my questions were answered, in fact all were deleted when I asked this.

Guest donatella

Good find Snook!

i'd post that on said PR facebook but i have no doubt it would be deleted as fast as it were posted.

Most rescues vet their foster carers and do home checks etc, so surely pound rounds can forward a persons name on, but it would be up to the rescue to do the hard yards of following it up.

I just cant believe peoples are putting money into these numpties accounts for being the middle man, using material and photographs already published by the pounds and then relying on the rescues to do the saves anyway. Where on earth does this money go? with over 8000 likes on facebook i'd say their bank account it sitting quite pretty and i'd question how much of it is spent on the dogs.

A good while back they were recruiting PR admin with a "get paid $10/h to just click share" advertisement/status. Don't have a screen shot but things like that forever stick in your mind.

Speaking as an active rescuer, I cannot see why anyone would give money to a group such as this, if they do it's because they don't understand how things work quite obviously.

Not surprising that your questions are getting deleted but why should they be? Complete transparency when you are collecting money - for any cause - is what is required. All questions, no matter how awkward, should be answered, not deleted.

Something stinks.

I've been following this thread with interest as many of the traits exhibited by the group in question could apply equally to an organisation in SA. I just came across this link which talks about how to find a responsible rescue and have shared it on facebook. I thought I'd post it here in case anyone else wanted to have a read and consider sharing it. http://paws4udogs.wordpress.com/2012/03/19/responsible-rescues/

Absolutely fantastic, perhaps someone could forward the link to PR, they really need to read, comprehend and follow it instead of their current modus operandi - but wait, that would require some effort on their part. All they seem prepared to do currently is rake the dollars in and put photos up on a website, no temp testing of dogs, no investigation of homes on offer, no follow up and so on.

I've been following this thread with interest as many of the traits exhibited by the group in question could apply equally to an organisation in SA. I just came across this link which talks about how to find a responsible rescue and have shared it on facebook. I thought I'd post it here in case anyone else wanted to have a read and consider sharing it. http://paws4udogs.wordpress.com/2012/03/19/responsible-rescues/

Great link Snook, thanks

I too have been following this group, thank goodness and touch wood they haven't started dealing with dogs over here in WA