Earthborn Holistic

I bought a sampler pack from PetStock a month or two ago and my dog + mum's dogs love it, if that's anything to go by? I find it hard to provide decent recommendations to things like this cause I have a dog that eats anything put in front of her, regardless of how edible it is, and no dietary or other requirements or problems. But mum's fussier dogs have been hoovering it up :laugh:

• 1 month later...

Anyone else tried this yet? We're looking at trialling it for our two (the Coastal Catch) as both have high energy requirements and one is allergic to chicken. They're currently on Taste of the Wild, which they're doing great on, but it's much easier being able to buy this straight from PetStock.

I have my 2 Border's on Earthborn Coastal Catch ATM. They were on TOTW salmon previously which they did terrific on but with the 2 recalls on it I stopped feeding them it till they get to the bottom of the problem.

They are doing just as well so far on EBCC though it has only been a week or so & they like it as much as TOTW. Seems like a really good product so far so I am happy to have it as a back up or alternative to TOTW :)

Guest lavendergirl

Just FYI the TOTW factory that exports to Australia is not involved in the recalls. Earthborn looks good also but a lot more expensive I think?

My agility club sells it, mine have been on it for a while now, used the ocean fusion and the vantage adult.

Very happy with it, dog likes eating it and is in good condition, she can lose condition quickly if food doesn't agree with her and was terrible on Holistic Select/Eagle Pack Holistic.

Was thinking of trying the grain free version next.

I bought a couple of samplers as well from Pet Stock and use them for training treats.

Stocked up on some of the grainfree food, tried Lucy on it and am amazed how much better she's looking and feeling (sometimes her tummy/ears can feel quite hot and this has disappeared completely with the grainfree dry) :thumbsup:

Yes since I swapped to grainfree here both of mine look heaps better, their coats are so shiny & they just look gleaming. Their energy levels have risen by alot as well. They just got more spring in their step :)

I just got the earthborn holistic grain free coastal catch to try with Missy my whippet, I am trying to find a kibble that will agree with her, She has horrible gas on black hawk holistic which is lamb based, I've also noticed all my dogs seem to scratch a fair bit on black hawk holistic, I've been told that lamb causes more allergies then any other meat not sure if thats true. My guys can handle beef,chicken,pork,turkey and roo without any problems.

Guest lavendergirl

I just got the earthborn holistic grain free coastal catch to try with Missy my whippet, I am trying to find a kibble that will agree with her, She has horrible gas on black hawk holistic which is lamb based, I've also noticed all my dogs seem to scratch a fair bit on black hawk holistic, I've been told that lamb causes more allergies then any other meat not sure if thats true. My guys can handle beef,chicken,pork,turkey and roo without any problems.

Have you changed your mind about the raw diet? I notice that lamb seems to cause more tummy problems too.

Have you changed your mind about the raw diet? I notice that lamb seems to cause more tummy problems too.

Yeah I've just relised I have spent $400 this fornight and the raw food will only last 3 weeks between 4 dogs so its working out pretty expensive. I can't get cheap meat where I am, even for 4 chicken frames it costs me $6. Where I am nothing is cheap even butchers charge alot for the off cuts of meat they don't really use. My guys will still be getting a raw meal in the morning but kibble at night.

I found it was the rice in BH that didn't agree with my boy. He is grain intolerant so grain-free diet now & you wouldn't think it was the same dog from his over all appearance to his endurance & beautiful shiny coat.

We bought the Coastal Catch on Saturday and have slowly started introducing it. Akira's poo was a little sloppy this morning, so at this stage we're not 100% sure if it's going to be right for her, but we'll give it a week and see how she is at the end of it. It was probably a really dumb idea trying a new food a week before she's meant to go into kennels for the weekend though!