Earthborn Holistic

I tryed missy my whippet on the coastal catch she just take 2 bite fulls then walk away from it, Maybe Missy didn't like the type of fish used in the product or I didn't try her on it long enough.

Did you give the kibble more then a few days to see how she goes? When she takes a couple bites and leaves the rest do you then give her something else, such as raw? Or just let her go hungry?

I tryed missy my whippet on the coastal catch she just take 2 bite fulls then walk away from it, Maybe Missy didn't like the type of fish used in the product or I didn't try her on it long enough.

Did you give the kibble more then a few days to see how she goes? When she takes a couple bites and leaves the rest do you then give her something else, such as raw? Or just let her go hungry?

No I let her go hungry, I only tryed for couple of days, I tryed soaking the kibble in warm water,she still wouldn't eat it. Maybe she doesn't like herring and whitefish, I know she likes sardines,mackeral and salmon but there in brine or olive oil. Thinking about trying the Primitive Natural Grain Free, it has turkey meal,chicken meal and whitefish meal. I may have to be tougher on her and cut out all raw meat till she eats kibble.

If she still gets raw food maybe she knows if she holds out she will get it eventually. If you want her on kibble maybe cutting out the raw completely for now could be best just until she learns to eat what she is given. Alternatively you could try something like liver sprinkles over the top to see how she goes.

If she still gets raw food maybe she knows if she holds out she will get it eventually. If you want her on kibble maybe cutting out the raw completely for now could be best just until she learns to eat what she is given. Alternatively you could try something like liver sprinkles over the top to see how she goes.

Thanks might have to try that. Normally my guys would get raw mince or a bone in the morning then kibble at night. So I might have to for missy cut out raw completely and only give kibble morning and night.

Earthborn Holistic Coastal Catch is just a little more expensive but from memory there is not that much in it. I love both products,

TOTW suits my 2 the best but EBCC is running a close 2nd. You can only go by how your guys go on the product. Big thumbs up for both here :)

Edited by BC Crazy

Noticed that a new dry food has appeared in Petstock. Earthborn Holistic. Has anyone had any experience with this dry. I did buy a sampler of the grain free to try.

Fantastic!!!

How does it compare price wise to TOTW?

As BC Crazy said, it's a little more expensive, but I find the pieces themselves are less dense so there's actually more when you compare weight for weight (on Earthborn Coastal and TOTW Salmon) probably because there's no heavy grains. We're very happy so far, Akira's really doing well on it now and Miss Picky Halo scoffs it down.

Guest english.ivy

I'm thinking of feeding my Pointer on Earthborn over winter. Going to head to Pet Stock tomorrow and have a look.

Find it very hard to keep weight on him over winter while on Black Hawk, happened last winter too. He lives outside so I can't have him much more skinny while it is so cold :(

I'm thinking of feeding my Pointer on Earthborn over winter. Going to head to Pet Stock tomorrow and have a look.

Find it very hard to keep weight on him over winter while on Black Hawk, happened last winter too. He lives outside so I can't have him much more skinny while it is so cold :(

My pointers all lose weight in winter on whatever food they on on.... I find if I increase quantity by not quite double just as we come into and throughout winter and then back it off as we come into spring. I feed lamb flaps in winter too rather than the chicken I feel at other times of the year. Mine are also inside at night which helps a lot.

Edited by darlingdog

Guest english.ivy

My pointers all lose weight in winter on whatever food they on on.... I find if I increase quantity by not quite double just as we come into and throughout winter and then back it off as we come into spring. I feed lamb flaps in winter too rather than the chicken I feel at other times of the year. Mine are also inside at night which helps a lot.

He has a crate and blankets and two other dogs with him outside, so I'm not worried one bit. Gets lamb/beef bones a few times a week but I'm having to feed a sh*t load of his current food at the moment and I don't want to risk his health just to keep his bones covered.

So was thinking of just feeding a higher fat dry for a few months. Then back off when the weather changes.

He had jammies but he ate/chewed them the other day, silly boy, so I need to fix them up and back on they will go!

Sorry to go off topic :)

He has a crate and blankets and two other dogs with him outside, so I'm not worried one bit. Gets lamb/beef bones a few times a week but I'm having to feed a sh*t load of his current food at the moment and I don't want to risk his health just to keep his bones covered.

So was thinking of just feeding a higher fat dry for a few months. Then back off when the weather changes.

He had jammies but he ate/chewed them the other day, silly boy, so I need to fix them up and back on they will go!

Sorry to go off topic :)

Mine are on Blackhawk with their fresh stuff.....how much is a sh%tload :) LOL!! mine get 2 cups in winter ( varies a little with each dog)....in summer they get one ( again variation for each but in general that is it )

Guest english.ivy

FYI .. I emailed Earthborn and they replied with the below :)

Our fish meal is ethoxyquin-free; it is preserved with mixed tocopherols.

Cindy Montgomery

VP, Marketing

Midwestern Pet Foods, Inc.

9634 Hedden Road

Evansville, IN 47725

p 812-867-4504, ext. 107

f 812-867-0424

[email protected]