Challenge Points

Pockets

Is there any way you can find out how many points a dog I own is on? I have forgotten to pick up challenge certificates etc and I wouldnt have a clue for which club...Would Dogs Victoria and Dogs NSW (where the dog has been shown) have a list of the points ?

Is there any way you can find out how many points a dog I own is on? I have forgotten to pick up challenge certificates etc and I wouldnt have a clue for which club...Would Dogs Victoria and Dogs NSW (where the dog has been shown) have a list of the points ?

Sadly, no. You'll probably need to work out which shows you went to and contact the show secretaries to see if they still have the certificates or if they are willing to write a letter to verify the wins.

I don't know about other states these days, but recently I needed to verify some points for a dog that I had bred and sold so I went into the Tas Dogs office, went through the catalogues and pulled the relevant ones and had them write me a letter to verify the points won. This was then emailed to DogsVic who accepted it as proof and processed the title application.

Bugger :(

Sowwy! Sadly we aren't as advanced as the AKC where you could just go online and do a points search! ;)

Moral of the story is....remember to pick up your CCs when you win them!! Incidentally, the TCA told me that even though DogsVic were accepting the letter they wrote to verify points...if the situation had been reversed, it wouldn't have been accepted here.

Yet another reason that a single controlling body with uniform rules would be wonderful.

I may have to just start over I think, she has her Aust Champ title (got at 12 months) was wanting to see how many points she has gotten since as I would consider competing for her Gr Ch. Thats almost 3 years of challenge points I will have to find as she is now 4 years old! lol :laugh:

Good moral of the story, always pick up the challenge points certs :thumbsup:

Back to the drawing board, as I couldnt for the life of me remember all the shows, She has a profile on Dogzonline, but it seems a lot of her show results have been deleted :( I have asked Troy about this and waiting for a response.

For her Aust Champ title, I didnt have to provide any certificates, which is why I thought there was obviously a database that records the show results and the points awarded...silly me :(

I think things have changed. Last time I submitted a championship application you only had to write down the shows, dates, judges and points on the application form but things change, sadly probably due to dishonest people. :(

For her Aust Champ title, I didnt have to provide any certificates, which is why I thought there was obviously a database that records the show results and the points awarded...silly me :(

Wow, you have to provide certificates in WA for all titles (including Grands) or go in and go through the catalogues to show proof.

As far as I'm aware, you have to provide any certificates for challenges that the dog won interstate. For those challenges won in your own state, you don't have to provide the certificate. You still have to include all the details on the form though - date, judge, club, number of points - so you would still need a written record (or an amazing memory) even if you didn't need the actual certificates. :)

ETA: I'd better clarify - I've only ever applied for titles in Victoria and Tasmania, so I could well be wrong about other states - and I see that I am wrong for WA.

Edited by Allerzeit

I agree with you comment All, I reside in Victoria, but she was also shown quite a bit in NSW by her breeder/co-owner, her title was applied for there and I had to send all the challenge carts up, but they didn't have to provide Dogs NSW with challenges from NSW shows :)

Wow, you have to provide certificates in WA for all titles (including Grands) or go in and go through the catalogues to show proof.

yes but it is a lot easier to get the certificates you may have left behind at a previous show since they put them in the box at the office for you! One of the cool things about having most of the shows in the same location :laugh:

In Vic you don't have to provide points obtained in Victoria as they cross reference your list with catalgoues.

We do have to provide the certificates from Interstate Shows.

I thought we missed placed some CC's so asked the VCA if they are able to check on a data base what cards I should have, to be told no they can't.

Now why do some of us spend ages filling in the sheet to list all CC's when claiming a title?

BB

P.S I found the missing cards in the end.

I have a spreadsheet with the show, judge, results, points etc - also the results of others in my breed and any other comments. Came in very handy when I was tallying up the points for Moo's grand. Also good to look up previous results if wondering to enter under a particular judge.

There is an app for iPhone/iPad called dog show pro that lets you track all your info for shows- entries, show details, wins etc.

Haven't had much of a chance to use it this year as we have only done a few shows, but it's great for those like me who have their phone with them all the time so you can update straight away- don't have to remember when you get home :).

i was going to start a little black book when i got dallas but some judges put me up for cc or class in show or something and the next show will dump me last in class... all depends on who else is entered... if certain people show up i may as well go home whether they are in my class or not.. so i didnt end up bothering with the book LOL