Greyhound Needing Complex Dental Surgery

Kitt

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful looking girl. I have a soft spot for the old dogs. All the best for the surgery.

Thanks RL1. She is indeed a lovely dog. This photo was taken yesterday by a friend.

post-28017-0-90871100-1334492536_thumb.jpg

I hope today has gone smoothly for you and Deanna :)

Thanks Harley. The vet said that the surgery was fine. Deanna had a very big oronasal fistula on one side, and a smaller fistula on the other. We'll be picking her up in about an hour.

How is Deanna this morning Kitt?

She's doing very well, thanks Boronia. Her muzzle is swollen (she looks a bit like a bull terrier!) and she's a bit wobbly on her feet, but other than that she seems fine.

post-28017-0-42104000-1334615387_thumb.jpg

post-28017-0-14687200-1334615403_thumb.jpg

Thanks, everyone, for your interest and well wishes.

I can't believe how well Deanna is recovering! She is honestly back to her normal self! One side of her muzzle is a bit swollen, but not enough that anyone else would notice. She's going up and down our stairs with no problems, running to her crate to eat her dinner, reaching out to tap me with her paw when she wants a pat (she started doing this only a few months ago, and it melts my heart every time :heart: ), doing her happy dance (prancing and shaking her head when excited), and roaching. So she is obviously very happy and comfortable.

I'm so happy :)