I Love Lg's Roboking

Oceangirl

We just bought the LG Roboking. So far it is amazing. With my gorgeous spitz boy, my electrolux vacuum cleaner gets a daily workout once-to-twice a day. Still, it is a constant battle keeping the floorboards fur-free. I LOVE my dog and his fur more than I hate the fur on the floorboards, but not all the family feels this way. Now we have the roboking. AMAZING... can just put it on timer and it will clean the room whilst we are at work. So I don't have to worry about whether I will get home before my family to give the floor a quick clean. LOVE IT :thumbsup:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had one for about 3 months and i LOVE it too!! It goes on with its timer when we sleep and my floors havent been cleaner!! I love it.. I also bring it into work and it goes around my office as we all work away. Best vacuum ever!!

Mine goes on wooden floorboards and then to carpet no problems. I empty it every morning when I wake up (or after a cycle) and it's so easy to empty. I just lift out the dust box, tip it into the bin and it slots straight back in the vacuum. And it's really quiet. Hardly notice it's on, I Don't hear it at night and it doesn't bother me if it's cleaning while I'm watching tv. I love it! You just have to make sure cords etc are out of the way as things like phone cords can get wrapped up. When it's finished or needs recharging it will just go back to the home station to recharge. :-)

I've had one for a couple of weeks :D Courtesy of Trinabean, he's named Jeeves.

Quiet enough to watch TV when it's in the room. Easy to empty the basket. Picks up LOTS of dog hair. I'm quite happy with it. I was particularly chuffed on Sunday morning when I was having a croissant and cup of tea in my pajamas while it vacuumed the house. Now that's how housework ought to be!

Edit - Esky I have to empty it a few times as it goes around the house, but that's after a week of fur and sand build-up. If you run it more often you'd probably get away with doing a whole house with 1 or 2 empties. I don't have carpet so can't speak to the transitions.

Edited by Weasels

It's not very loud at all. I think some of the other models are a lot louder. There is a youtube video comparing the sound of various robot vacuum cleaners, and Roboking was the quietest. It does go over different surfaces, but I mainly use it on floorboards and tiles (where the dog fur is more noticeable). It also goes over the rug (I think the height of rug has to be less than 8mm?). I'll try it on the carpet tomorrow.

I empty it out every day but it hasn't been full yet(but I've only had it 2days!!). I only have one small-medium size spitz dog that drops fur. The poodle doesn't drop his fur. So maybe a bigger dog or multiple pets would fill it up. I will still be using the regular vacuum cleaner every week for a thorough clean (ie. to get into all the corners of the house). The Roboking is awesome for a maintenance clean throughout the week, and you can even slack off whilst cleaning is done (this morning I ate breakfast whilst it worked) :thumbsup:

Hehe.... Cheeky Monster... I WISH it did car seats too. I would love to find an automatic cleaner that can do that too :D

Hehe.... Cheeky Monster... I WISH it did car seats too. I would love to find an automatic cleaner that can do that too :D

Lmao, I knew it was too good to be true!! damn inventions they always leave out the "I now dub you god" function... oh well maybe in another 30 years hahah.

I have been eyeing them off too....I might add it to my Christmas wish list....seeing as the collectors Doll House I will be getting is going to be heaps cheaper than I expected :laugh:

I have a Pug and two cats....I am allergic to all three, so one of these would be perfect. Though I am hoping the dog or the cats don't think its a toy and starting sitting on it like they do in the You Tube video's...now thats funny.

Anyone know of any good online sites to get an LG Roboking?

Lynn

Don't know if anyone is still looking for info or prices on these....

Whirlpool.net has a few threads on robot vacuums with quite a few differernt opinions. There is such a thing as too much info! Having done a bit of research, I find myself leaning towards the Roboking. Whirlpool is also handy in that a lot of posts will compare prices and that helps if you are able to find a local store that will price match.

There are two models of the Roboking a red and a green one. Probably about the best price I can find is $500 for the green and $630 for the red. I am not sure what the exact differences are. These prices are from the NRMAShop and are member prices, but I vaguely remember some people saying that Harvey Norman was similiar prices.

Hope that helps someone.

I got the red (more expensive one) from an ebay store in NSW for $650. I think the seller was cooperwaynestore or something similar.

Bluefairy my dogs freaked out for about 2 days, but now they're so unfussed it's even bumped in to them a few times while they were lying in its path :laugh:

Has anyone had a dog that attacks their robot vaccuum? I really want to get one to run during the day, but I'm a bit worried I'd come home to it in bits! Maybe it would be something to run overnight....

Has anyone had a dog that attacks their robot vaccuum? I really want to get one to run during the day, but I'm a bit worried I'd come home to it in bits! Maybe it would be something to run overnight....

I would be worried about this too, as my Aussie terriers like to attack anything that moves on the floor. :laugh: I suppose I could always put them outside for a while though, while its doing its job.

I'm very interested in getting one of these too....my Dyson Vacumn cleaner does a fantastic job,but it would be nice to have one of these for the inbetween days that I don't vacumn. :)