I Love Lg's Roboking

Oceangirl

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that Sarasmum, I thought it had something to do with this thread :laugh:

Lynn

Yeah, but the site doesn't seem to be working :confused:

If you mean the Robomaid web site, its www.robomaid.com.au but truthfully I would never buy one of these, they only last a few months then they start having problems. If you go to the whirpool web site they have heaps of reviews on it, just search for Robomaid. They are all bad, even the ones that got them and said how great they were, came back in to report they no longer worked or they were having some problem with it. Robomaid is made in China, apparently they are a vacuum made for different companies under different names, and Robomaid is one of them.

Your better off going for the better named brands, like LG or Samsung....the Roomba I found just as many posts that complained about them as their were that praised them. That to me wasn't good enough for me to fork out the money to get one. LG I have seen nothing but praise for it, no complaints yet that I have found.

Lynn

I want one of these sooooo badly. Sadly, my husband thinks that they are stupid. But then again, he doesn't do the vacuuming or even understand why I feel it is necessary to run over the floors every day just to keep on top of all the hair from two dogs and two kitties.

Maybe I'll get super lucky for Mother's Day?

I want one of these sooooo badly. Sadly, my husband thinks that they are stupid. But then again, he doesn't do the vacuuming or even understand why I feel it is necessary to run over the floors every day just to keep on top of all the hair from two dogs and two kitties.

Maybe I'll get super lucky for Mother's Day?

Yep - I haven't convinced my OH yet either and am in exactly the same situation!

Still loving my Roboking. I do have the red one ($680 from Harvey Norman). Just had to sort out a couple of troubleshooting problems (like not leaving electrical cords out for it to get trapped amongst, and raising our couches on little feet cushions- Roboking was getting stuck underneath). Also heard a 'horror story' through a friend about somebody having a dog that was not toilet trained- the dog left a nice surprise in the house- the robot vacuum then smeared the offending pile throughout the house :eek: Would not want to come home to that! So I check the floor before setting the timer for it. I am currently putting my roboking on at night. My dog is now adjusted to it also, so I can still put it on when he's in the room.

Don't know how I managed before without one :thumbsup:

Darn this thread, darn it to credit card hell!!! I was researching these a couple of weeks ago before ever seeing this and sort of let the idea slip, sad that I just didn't have the funds.

Reading this just fired me right up again & I currently have an offer in on one with Electrical Discounters or whatever they're called. I'll know on Monday if it was accepted, it was a deliberately ridiculously low offer because I'm trying to avoid smashing that credit card out of its bucket of ice :)

Jasus wept, I never spared a thought to the poo smearing issue either ... with 3 very young pups in the throes of housetraining, that is something I'll have to be super vigilent about, thanks for the wake up call.

Mine goes on wooden floorboards and then to carpet no problems. I empty it every morning when I wake up (or after a cycle) and it's so easy to empty. I just lift out the dust box, tip it into the bin and it slots straight back in the vacuum. And it's really quiet. Hardly notice it's on, I Don't hear it at night and it doesn't bother me if it's cleaning while I'm watching tv. I love it! You just have to make sure cords etc are out of the way as things like phone cords can get wrapped up. When it's finished or needs recharging it will just go back to the home station to recharge. :-)

Check the handbook that you got with it because there is probably other maintenance that you need to do other than just emptying the bin. You might not need to do it every time (although I have the Roomba and it is recommended), but I know with mine I also have to periodically empty the filter, take the brushes out and clean them etc and if I don't it either won't clean very well or won't run at all.

Ive seen a few of these robot vacuum cleaner threads on DOL and you've all got me convinced that they're awesome (any excuse to vacuum less!) My OH though is less that convinced... he thinks it's a just like buying one of those useless contraptions from Danoz Direct.

I'm thinking I might just sneakily buy one while he's overseas. Are you SURE they work well?

Oh yes, I've had mine for almost a year and it's still one of my favourite purchases ever thumbsup1.gif

How do the robot vacuums go with items on the floor? Do they just go around them? I have a toddler and no matter how often I tidy, he has toys and random kitchen items scattered all over the floor.

Bigger items it will either push out of the way (if they are light) or sense and go around but smaller things it will pick up. I've had mine pick up cat toys and some of my Daughter's smaller toys if I've missed picking them up but it's never been a problem, it just picks them up and soldiers on, or if it gets caught then the vacuum will stop and give a warning.

How big is the lint'bag/bin' thingy? What's it called again? (Senior moment here :o )

I've just emptied the Dyson and gone around the house and it looks like it's full of hair and lint again!!!! :eek:

Odd..... :confused: I don't recall having a grey Cavalier?????

Me three has the Dyson, but if I wanted a weekly sauna with the sweat pouring off the end of my nose (even in my tiny apartment), I'd go and pay for a sauna!

Question was....what's it like on carpet for picking up dog hair :)

Me three has the Dyson, but if I wanted a weekly sauna with the sweat pouring off the end of my nose (even in my tiny apartment), I'd go and pay for a sauna!

Question was....what's it like on carpet for picking up dog hair :)

The Damn Dyson works just fine on the carpet, curtains, parrot cage and anywhere else I choose to point it, but if I wanted that much bleedin' exercise I'd join the gym and get a spunky personal trainer to oggle!

As for the robot thingie, I can't tell you, I'm still waiting to hear if the store manager accepts my offer or not, but will know tomorrow. The green model is being disccontinued according to the nasally young youth who was trying to outwit me on the phone (silly, silly boy had no idea what he'd taken on). Was working his sorry little ass off trying to upsell me to the red, but in a very small unit I'm not wanting bells & whistles, and I'm a bloody technophobe anyway, so anything electronic usually ends up being hurled as far as I can manage, so it's life expectency may not be long :)

So, in answer to your question, I'm in no position to provide an answer :)

Edited by TheMadDogLady

What's this thing like with carpets...as in...getting up the dog hair etc ?? I have a Dyson at the moment.

Hi Sheena,

I don't use mine on the carpet....except for 1 rug. It seems to work fine on that... but I don't know if it really has enough suction to really get the dog hair off a big carpetted area. Ill trial it for you on carpet in the next couple of days and let you know :)

What's this thing like with carpets...as in...getting up the dog hair etc ?? I have a Dyson at the moment.

Hi Sheena,

I don't use mine on the carpet....except for 1 rug. It seems to work fine on that... but I don't know if it really has enough suction to really get the dog hair off a big carpetted area. Ill trial it for you on carpet in the next couple of days and let you know :)

Thanks. I priced them at between $699 & $799 so for that I would be wanting it to do a whole lot more than what I can do with the broom. :)