Dog Cremation (pls Move If Not In Right Forum)

redangel

I have friends whose dog is nearing the end of his days. I have looked into pet cremation on their behalf...prices seem pretty well equal between companies. Can anyone guide me here who have used these services in Melbourne?

I had my Emma cremated last year. But can't remember who did it. If you send me the names I might recognise the company. Anyway they were great and I had her ashes back in a beautiful box in about 2 weeks. Don't know what it cost though as my Mum paid for it (but I think including the box it was somewhere around $300 maybe).

My closest friend lost her dog to an awful collar accident last week and her gorgeous boy is being picked up after cremation tonight. :cry:

When I speak to her, tonight or tomorrow I will post the details of who she used.

She has had nothing but praise for the service so far.

I think it is a good idea to be prepared if you can for this situation, and it is lovely of you to look into this for your friends.

We had our beloved dog cremated last year I think it cost about $300 but I don't remember who it was through as we were offered it at the vet.

It was easy, the vet organised everything, they told us about a week but they ended up calling early to come and pick him up.

Edited by braeleighgirl

The Animal Welfare League provides this service in South Australia, for a fee.

I used it for my dog Mozart last year, and got him back in a little box so I could sprinkle his ashes at his favourite piece of beach.

I liked the fact that the money was hopefully doing good for another dog as well.

Not sure if they also do this in Victoria?

Thank you for the replies. The dog was a pup purchased from me some 16yrs ago. He has suffered small strokes of late and is reaching the "time". Over his lifetime his owner and I have become very close friends. I was not only blessed with a very good owner but gained a wonderful friend as well. I have been there to help out when he has been unwell, have boarded him when his owner went overseas and I feel its only natural that I help at this time which I know can be very stressful. I shall be following up these suggestions.

My closest friend lost her dog to an awful collar accident last week and her gorgeous boy is being picked up after cremation tonight. :cry:

When I speak to her, tonight or tomorrow I will post the details of who she used.

She has had nothing but praise for the service so far.

I think it is a good idea to be prepared if you can for this situation, and it is lovely of you to look into this for your friends.

My friend used Southern Cross. She has been very happy and received very personal and respectful service from them.

I used one that was local to me, Here

Took within a week to get a call from the vets saying he was back, readey to be picked up.

The urn was wonderful, and it cost...no more than $200 from memory (aunt got it done for me)

I plan to cremate any other dogs, since it keeps them close, plus they are quite lovely during the whole process.

How wonderful, what a special soul you are :-) you brought tears to my eyes...

Hope all goes well and you friend finds a good place..

Thank you for the replies. The dog was a pup purchased from me some 16yrs ago. He has suffered small strokes of late and is reaching the "time". Over his lifetime his owner and I have become very close friends. I was not only blessed with a very good owner but gained a wonderful friend as well. I have been there to help out when he has been unwell, have boarded him when his owner went overseas and I feel its only natural that I help at this time which I know can be very stressful. I shall be following up these suggestions.

I had my Emma cremated last year. But can't remember who did it. If you send me the names I might recognise the company. Anyway they were great and I had her ashes back in a beautiful box in about 2 weeks. Don't know what it cost though as my Mum paid for it (but I think including the box it was somewhere around $300 maybe).

If you have a look on the bottom of the box there may be a sticker on there with the details of the company who did it for you - we always put contact details on ours.