Dog Groomer In The Uk Fatally Injures Dog With Dryer And Cage

gone

The Daily Mail UK is running a story about a dog groomer who killed a dog, by setting up a cage with a dryer directed at it.

I have posted the link in the Dog Cruelty and Abuse News. Just a warning that the photos might be upsetting to some.

Just a cautionary tale should anyone see someone trying the same thing here ( I suppose she thought she was saving time )

Horrific - poor dog

Cage drying is commonly done by many groomers. Providing the dog is monitored at all times and they are not baked, there's no reason why it shouldn't be a method used to dry some dogs.

It's certainly not a short cut for those dogs that are very stressed by a dryer in the hand of the groomer.

I often use cage drying with older dog SWF's. Their cages are set up right next to the grooming table area so I'm constantly watching them. I don't however use it on stressy dogs nor do I use it in Summer. In summer, I use and ordinary fan as to not heat the dogs up but to put some air through the coats to dry them.

But do the dryers have a cut off timer that switches off after the elapsed drying time, similar to a hairdressers standing dryer?

Maybe thats something that manufacturers could look at if there isnt a product already on the market.

Im just thinking safety wise if there was an emergency, there should be a timer cut off switch.

It could have been a short cut for a stressy dog, or too many dogs in at once, but I have a feeling that this lady in the UK, forgot the dog was in there, or was called away and before you know it, the dog has been in there for way over the normal period of time.

Poor dog - I really hope this woman isnt ever allowed to groom again.