101 Uses For Apple Cider Vinegar

Some apple cider vinegar brands are extremely acidic, causing heartburn. It can also quickly cause a yeast infection in women

Believe it or not put it in the other end and it soon cures that problem (burns a bit though. :(

Geez so it is good for cough's cold's AND sore holes!!!!! :p

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey

we use apple cider vinegar as a wormer for all our animals including livestock. we mix crushed up garlic and citrus seeds into a big bottle of apple cider vinegar, give it a good shake and add a cap full to their dinner about 2 nights a week.

we use this for cows as well as dogs. our farm is organic so we cant use any chemicals. this works fine.

:rofl:

hey

we use apple cider vinegar as a wormer for all our animals including livestock. we mix crushed up garlic and citrus seeds into a big bottle of apple cider vinegar, give it a good shake and add a cap full to their dinner about 2 nights a week.

we use this for cows as well as dogs. our farm is organic so we cant use any chemicals. this works fine.

:confused:

Just curious what do you use for fleas?

My sister- in- law is being treated for breast cancer. Her oncologist who is also a Chinese herbalist ( yes, East meets West) told her that she didn't have to buy expensive organic fruit and veg but simply soak all produce in apple cider vinegar and that would eliminate any chemical spray on them.

If you're putting it in their water I'd only start with a teaspoon and slowly build up to the right amount. Especially this time of year as they must drink and they might not do so if it tastes too strong. I put half a table spoon in my girls dinner instead for this reason. Started out with just a single ml and worked up to it.

hey

:rofl:

Just curious what do you use for fleas?

hey BordaBull

i wish i could tell you....we are having such trouble with fleas at the moment!! we live on an organic farm so therefore cant use chemicals. we are in the process of trying a couple of things such as Pennyroyal and Neem oil. there is a product that you can get at the healthfood store for lice, which is based on neem oil, its a spray. so we are going to try that spray with some drops of pennyroyal in it. my partner used to use pennyroyal diluted with water to spray on the carpets and pets bedding an it worked well. sorry i couldnt be more helpful but fleas seem to be OUT OF CONTROL at the moment!! :)

p.s. your puppy is beautiful!!

Edited by grrlpunk

I put a "dash' in the dogs water bowl. They don't seem to mind it but will choose water without it if they can. I just put it in all their bowls :laugh:

I also use it to rinse them with before a show - helps get rid of scurfy stuff and makes them SO shiny.

I also fill my washing machine with water and add half a cup - let it sit for a while to remove the soap scum.

I put it on mozzie bites to stop them itching too.

Hi,

I would be interested to know how you rinse them with ACV before a show. Do you dilute it? At what ratio? How long do you leave it on for before rinsing it off?

• 2 weeks later...

I hunted up this thread to ask the same questions, and here they are already. I'm interested in using it as a rinse on all three for coat improvement (and also to combat mild hot-spot itchies on just one of the three dogs). Has anyone had a good result used in this way, does it take long to notice a difference - is it recommended to use as an after-bath rinse weekly? And should it be rinsed out, or left in.

Have been using Aloveen conditioner, but my dogs' coats just don't seem to respond well to it. Does anyone recommend to use apple cider vinegar after the Aloveen, or instead of it?

• 1 month later...
hey Dublin - looks like BL answered for me - ta! :laugh:

Nuther thing - it's also supposed to neutralise urine a little so it doesn't burn the grass. Trouble is, that worked for a little while, but the grass has burn marks all over it despite putting a splash in Indy's water bowls.

Any suggestions?

Hi, yes you can buy DOG ROCKS from your pet shop, place these in your dogs bowl of water and it stops the grass burn from the dogs weeeeeeee. Lib :l :laugh:

I just came across this thread looking up remedies for elmos itchy red ear. This time last year he had to get ear drops from the vet as his ears got quite irritated and inflamed inside. Would using the ACV work to prevent his already getting itchy ears getting worse? OR can anyone suggest something so we don't have to get the medication?

I just came across this thread looking up remedies for elmos itchy red ear. This time last year he had to get ear drops from the vet as his ears got quite irritated and inflamed inside. Would using the ACV work to prevent his already getting itchy ears getting worse? OR can anyone suggest something so we don't have to get the medication?

I use an eye dropper and just put in a couple of drops I also wipe around the ear with ACV

Can ACV be used in cats water does anyone know?

Yes it can be used in the same way it is used for dogs.

I use an eye dropper and just put in a couple of drops I also wipe around the ear with ACV

Can ACV be used in cats water does anyone know?

Yes it can be used in the same way it is used for dogs.

Thanks Cuddles :eek:

And here is another use for the humans:

Dab undiluted on your hands and rub into those spots you get as you age - you know those "liver spots" as they are called. Patches of melanin I think. Gradually, over a period of a couple of weeks, if you rub the undiluted ACV on the spots, they disappear and act as a natural exfoliant! It really does work.

Does it soften the animals coat when used as a conditioner? I have hard-coated terriers, so that'd be a bad thing for my lot in the showring.

Now if someone could just post the recipe for the dilution amount and method for the coat conditioner..........

Elmo n Em can you tell me what ratio you used? Lexi had ear probs, vet gave her drops & tablets cleared up great then 2 days after the tabs were finished it was back. I have been wiping her ears out with diluted vinegar & that seems to be working okay too.

Elmo n Em can you tell me what ratio you used? Lexi had ear probs, vet gave her drops & tablets cleared up great then 2 days after the tabs were finished it was back. I have been wiping her ears out with diluted vinegar & that seems to be working okay too.

Hey Ellis, I didn't use any drops on him, I just used about 1/4 ACV to water and soaked makeup remover pads in it which I then wiped all around his ears and just around the outside of the canal. His ears must really have been uncomfortable because he was making a funny sighing groaning noise while I was cleaning them and when Id finished he nudged me for more ear action :rainbowbridge: so gorgeous