101 Uses For Apple Cider Vinegar

Just found another use for it - figured a list would be really useful, particularly for those who have not discovered the wonders of it.

Anyway, I've been using it for the following:

- A splash in drinking water as a natural flea repellant

- Gives a shiny coat

- A bigger splash in Indy's water bath to keep the mozzie wrigglers out

- Good for keeping intestinal flora in check

- Mild disinfectant

latest one I heard (thanks Kez) was to soak meaty bones overnight to prevent bone splintering (also toughens meat for a longer chew)

Any others...add away! This stuff is better than sliced bread!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apple Cider Vinegar contains minerals and trace elements such as potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, chlorine, sodium, sulfur, copper, iron, silicon, fluorine.

Apple Cider Vinegar's vitamin content includes Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Provitamin beta-carotene, Vitamin P (bioflavonoids).

Warnings:

Apple Cider Vinegar ruins tooth enamel! Never drink ACV straight.. always drink it well diluted with water.

Some apple cider vinegar brands are extremely acidic, causing heartburn. It can also quickly cause a yeast infection in women. Certain brands of Organic Apple Cider Vinegar can stop a yeast infection, yet some brands are so acidic that they can actually cause a yeast infection. Thus start with a lower dose to see how your body responds to the vinegar.

Uses (People):

Acne - cures

Blood Pressure - lowers

Burns - heals quickly

Bursitis - relief and better mobility

Abdominal Adhesions - cures

Relieve a cough - Mix one-half cup ACV, one-half cup water, one-teaspoon cayenne pepper, and four teaspoons honey. Take one tablespoon when cough acts up. Take another tablespoon at bedtime.

Ear Infections - cures

Halitosis / Bad Breath - cures

High Cholesterol - lowers

Hiccups - cures - Mix one teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar in one cup of warm water, and drink.

Interstitial Cystitis / Bladder Condition - cures

Hair - extraordinary conditioner! - Shampoo, then rinse hair with a mixture of one cup ACV and two cups water. ACV adds highlights to brunette hair, restores the acid mantel, and removes soap film and sebum oil.

Severe Contact Dermatitis- stops itching, symptoms alleviated - Use a cotton ball to dab mosquito and other bug bites with ACV straight from the bottle.

Headaches & Migraines - cures

Slows a strong menstruation

Gall Bladder Problems -- heals

Gout

Sore Throat - cures

Pimples (impending) - cures

Arthritis - cures - Before each meal, drink a glass of water containing two teaspoons CV. Give this folk-remedy at least three weeks to start working.

Cold or Flu symptoms - stops or alleviates - Mix one-quarter cup ACV with one-quarter cup honey. Take one tablespoon six to eight times daily.

Nausea, Seasickness & Hangovers - cures - Drink two teaspoons ACV in one-cup water to soothe an upset stomach.

Parasites - eliminates

Shingles - cures

Warts - Cures - Mix one part ACV to one part glycerine into a lotion and apply daily to warts until they dissolve.

Uses (Dogs):

Itchy skin

The beginnings of a hot spot

Itchy/tender feet

Cloudy urine

Smelly ears

Sore joints or arthritis

Facial twitching

Picky Eaters

Clear, watery discharge from the eyes

Runny nose

Coughs (liquid/not dry sound)

Prevention of muscle weakness

Prevention of cramps

Reduce sensitivity to cold

Prevent/cure calluses on elbows and hock joints

Alleviate constipation

Prevention of bruising too easily

Cure for pimples

Prevention and treatment of:

• Fleas
    Flies
    Ticks
    Bacteria
    External parasites
    Ring worm
    Fungus
    Staphylococcus
    Streptococcus
    Pneumococcus
    Mange

MORE Uses:

Kill bacteria in meats.

Marinating meat in ACV kills bacteria and tenderises the meat. Use one-quarter cup ACV for a two to three pound roast, marinate overnight, and then cook without draining or rinsing the meat. Add herbs to the ACV when marinating as desired.

Kill unwanted grass.

Pour ACV in crevices and between bricks.

Remove corns.

Make a poultice of one crumbled piece of bread soaked in one-quarter cup ACV. Let poultice sit for one-half hour, then apply to the corn and tape in place overnight. If corn does not peel off by morning, reapply the poultice for several consecutive nights.

Deodorize the air.

ACV is a natural air freshener when sprayed in a room.

Prevent ice from forming on a car windshield overnight.

Coat the window with a solution of three parts ACV to one part water.

Need any more??? :thumbsup::kissbetter:

Edited by Kez

Oh My Lord!!

You know, my mum was over here from Adelaide last October and while here she purchased some Apple Cider Vinegar to make fish batter.

So I have this almost full bottle of the stuff sitting in my pantry, and I keep looking at it thinking "what on earth am I going to do with that??"

Well - now I know!!! So many things to try, so little time!

I put a "dash' in the dogs water bowl. They don't seem to mind it but will choose water without it if they can. I just put it in all their bowls :laugh:

I also use it to rinse them with before a show - helps get rid of scurfy stuff and makes them SO shiny.

I also fill my washing machine with water and add half a cup - let it sit for a while to remove the soap scum.

I put it on mozzie bites to stop them itching too.

Great too for bites and stings

If you are showing dogs and they get bitten by a greenant in the ring etc

Douse the foot with ACV and the sting goes

Most effective 'sting remover' we have found

Just carry it in a small spray bottle for ready application

Some apple cider vinegar brands are extremely acidic, causing heartburn. It can also quickly cause a yeast infection in women

Believe it or not put it in the other end and it soon cures that problem (burns a bit though. :confused:

hey Dublin - looks like BL answered for me - ta! :confused:

Nuther thing - it's also supposed to neutralise urine a little so it doesn't burn the grass. Trouble is, that worked for a little while, but the grass has burn marks all over it despite putting a splash in Indy's water bowls.

Any suggestions?

Prevention and treatment of:

Fleas

Flies

Ticks

Bacteria

External parasites

Ring worm

Fungus

Staphylococcus

Streptococcus

Pneumococcus

Mange

Which types of mange does it treat...and how is it best applied....any one know how long it takes to fix the problem?

• 10 months later...

I just get mine at the usual supermarket in 2L bottles. Get the unfiltered stuff.

Health food stores like Healthy Life usually have it too.

Gemibabe, I don't measure it, but maybe a qtr of a cup, half a cup probably would do it for 4L? A good slurp, to use a technical term :rofl: Taste it, and it shouldn't be too strong otherwise the pups won't drink it readily. If that's their only choice they will though :rofl: They do get used to it.

• 1 year later...