101 Uses For Apple Cider Vinegar

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, so no-one is going to reply with the ratio of ACV to water for the conditioner rinse.

Going back to post no. 6, from Kez, the human version is 1 cup ACV to 2 cups water - SO, I'm basing this purely on my own hypothesis being that dogs (mine only) have allergy so their skin is a bit sensitive, I'm going to halve the ACv, try it out today and see how that goes!

• 1 month later...
AM'[/color] post='2180423']

hey

we use apple cider vinegar as a wormer for all our animals including livestock. we mix crushed up garlic and citrus seeds into a big bottle of apple cider vinegar, give it a good shake and add a cap full to their dinner about 2 nights a week.

we use this for cows as well as dogs. our farm is organic so we cant use any chemicals. this works fine.

:rofl:

Love this thread - some great info!!!!

I know this is about ACV, just wanted to say to grrlpunk, Diatomacious earth(food grade) is also a great alternative for worming.

hey

we use apple cider vinegar as a wormer for all our animals including livestock. we mix crushed up garlic and citrus seeds into a big bottle of apple cider vinegar, give it a good shake and add a cap full to their dinner about 2 nights a week.

we use this for cows as well as dogs. our farm is organic so we cant use any chemicals. this works fine.

:rofl:

Just curious what do you use for fleas?

hey BordaBull

i wish i could tell you....we are having such trouble with fleas at the moment!! we live on an organic farm so therefore cant use chemicals. we are in the process of trying a couple of things such as Pennyroyal and Neem oil. there is a product that you can get at the healthfood store for lice, which is based on neem oil, its a spray. so we are going to try that spray with some drops of pennyroyal in it. my partner used to use pennyroyal diluted with water to spray on the carpets and pets bedding an it worked well. sorry i couldnt be more helpful but fleas seem to be OUT OF CONTROL at the moment!! :D

p.s. your puppy is beautiful!!

Search - Diatomacious Earth (Food Grade) NOT POOL GRADE - it is great! - also for flea's, does kill any bugs though so have to be carefuly with where it will be going.

You can take it internally or have it on the dog externally for worms & flea's, I find it good!

Personally it isnt all I use for flea's, but if you want only organic or chemical free, maybe try it with the neem & pennyroyal also?

I just came across this thread looking up remedies for elmos itchy red ear. This time last year he had to get ear drops from the vet as his ears got quite irritated and inflamed inside. Would using the ACV work to prevent his already getting itchy ears getting worse? OR can anyone suggest something so we don't have to get the medication?

Possibly some olive oil ? If it's mites?

Love this thread - some great info!!!!

I know this is about ACV, just wanted to say to grrlpunk, Diatomacious earth(food grade) is also a great alternative for worming.

Where can you find Diatomacious earth????

Thanks!

wow ! I didnt know there were so many uses...

A friend of mind told me recently that ACV reduces the size of a bitch's nipples after a season and will also do the same, along with drying up milk, after weaning babies..... has anyone tried that?

Thats unreal I had heard that ACV was good for many things but didn't realise just how many things lol - Just wondering if you apply the ACV undiluted to dogs with itchy/broken skin? Or is it better to be digested or both?

wow ! I didnt know there were so many uses...

A friend of mind told me recently that ACV reduces the size of a bitch's nipples after a season and will also do the same, along with drying up milk, after weaning babies..... has anyone tried that?

I have had friends use just ordinary vinegar on their bitches to get them back into condition for the ring and it seemed to work a treat for them - I'm guessing that ACV would be the same maybe not as drying as the normal vinegar :laugh: Hope that helps :laugh:

Edited by rizenstar

• 3 weeks later...

Big Bump for this thread but how did the bath go with the ACV?

OK, so no-one is going to reply with the ratio of ACV to water for the conditioner rinse.

Going back to post no. 6, from Kez, the human version is 1 cup ACV to 2 cups water - SO, I'm basing this purely on my own hypothesis being that dogs (mine only) have allergy so their skin is a bit sensitive, I'm going to halve the ACv, try it out today and see how that goes!

• 8 months later...

Hi everybody :noidea:

I have just bought some ACV to give to Lucky, but have a few questions before I start.

He's on a few medications for allergies.

2 x 4mg Iramine tablets daily

1&1/2 x Doxycycline tablets 3 days a week

1 x 5mg Prednisolon 3 days a week

His joints are starting to stiffen up a fair bit and I'm hoping that along with the Eukanuba Healthy Joints kibble I've started him on that the ACV may help as well.

Does anybody know if putting about 10-20ml in his food, along with the tablets, will be OK?