Blacktown Pound Compulsory Desexing

I hope the Council looks into things VERY thoroughly before listening to this particular individual.

once the animal has passed it impounding due date, then they do become council property and they can do what they want with the animal.

This person has claimed to have contacted the DLG about this issue with BP and he claims that the DLG have said that council do not legally own the dogs therefore they can't desex them.. (It doesn't make sense to me, but I do know he wont be giving up this fight and he also claims to have legal advice and is challenging BP..

OK - they can kill an animal legally, but can't desex it?? Makes heaps of sense... not! Can't rehome a dead animal...

I though the same thing..

T.

LOL that person is a tool. Can't believe a newspaper gave him space in their paper!! Once an animal has done its time, it is owned by the council/pound and they can do whatever they want to it. They can kill it, sell it, paint it purple, desex it, etc. If the owner turns up after that time, well they can only hope it's still alive. If it has been sold, sent to rescue or PTS, then too bad. And how will desexing prevent them from being adopted? LOL, I think being PTS might stop them from being adopted but that's OK with Mr Carr?

I just hope no one starts to take him seriously and he doesn't undo what everyone has worked so hard at putting together..

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The man is a menace. Try talking to him - it's all one sided smoke and mirrors from him. After him just going on and on at me that I was doing the wrong thing by desexing the dogs I rescue, probably in the same vein as his submission, I said to him stop wasting my time, I didn't get off the last banana boat and my knowledge and opinion formed over many years of experience of working with dogs, that I strongly opposed his opposite opinion and I wasn't going to change mine, no matter how much he went on.

Honestly, I can not see this becoming an issue, it is absurd to say the least and lets just say this persons track record leaves a lot to be desired. He has been investigated by relevant authorities in the past.

The amount of work that was put into Blacktown to ensure all adopted animals are desexed is incredible, the people involved have done a fantatic job. I dont think anyone will has a hope of standing in their way now :)

Dogmad the guy is living on another planet, the good news is Hawkesbury is not very far away from desexing all adopted dogs :)