Sunshine Coast Vets

teekay

I have recently had a bit of a falling out with my vet. My OH took Jenna for her annual vaccinations and when he came back, she had been given the yearly heartworm injection. I was not happy - with either him or the vets. I called the vets and they said the computers were down and my OH had said yes when they asked about the injection. :dunce: I will admit they were very apologetic and offered to refund the money for the jab but I'm still not happy. The computers may have been down but it was quite clear by the vaccination card Jenna has never had the injection.

Anyway it got me thinking. I read on here about people saying they have fantastic vets and others who seem to be pretty average. Is there anyone on the Sunny Coast who absolutely swears by their vets and, equally, any who have had a negative experience (probably best to pm any negative stuff). :)

Needless to say I will be taking the dogs for any future vet trips and OH has had a lecture about how he really should know more about the dogs and not assume I will do/ will know everything.

TIA

We use Chancellor Park Vet Surgery. Wouldn't go anywhere else they have been great especially with everything Coco has been through. When ever I go in to get her medication the vet always comes out to ask how she is going and when we took our foster dog in there she knew we would end up keeping her :laugh:

We've been going to see David at Blanck Street for the last ten years or more. He is gentle with the dogs, doesn't rush and is very good at providing clear information if they are not well.

I used to go to Mountain Creek vets when I lived there. They were absolutely wonderful. The receptionists and nurses were always caring and helpful. So were the vets of course :laugh: The head vet there (and owner of the practice I think) is also a chiropractor. I wish I could find the same service where I live now :(.

Sorry got caught up and forgot to check this thread. I'm right at the Southern end of the Sunny coast.

Most of the suggestion are quite a drive from here. I may just suck it up and go back the my usual Vet. Other than the stuff up with the heartworm injection they have been good and I like the fact you see one of 2 vets each time you go. Seeing someone who actually knows you and your dog is important I think. They did apologise and offered to refund so I think I will give them another chance.

....it was quite clear by the vaccination card Jenna has never had the injection.

I'm not sure why this makes your vet the bad guy? They may have offered your OH the injection as an alternative to what you're currently using and he agreed, there's always a first time for a heartworm injection..