Vetbed

Miss B

How long does it take for the green-backed vetbed to soften up?! I bought a couple of huge pieces recently for the whelping box, and despite being through several wash/dry cycles the green backing is still really stiff. I have previously used smaller pieces of the Snooza brand version of vetbed (Snooza 'Stay Dry' mat) in my crates and dog trailer, and never had this problem before...

I have found some is just stiffer than others. The vet bed I brought last year was very stiff and I could not even fit it in the washing machine! I brought some more this year, same size, and it fit in the washing machine straight away.

To really soften it with take quite a few washes.

I have found some is just stiffer than others. The vet bed I brought last year was very stiff and I could not even fit it in the washing machine! I brought some more this year, same size, and it fit in the washing machine straight away.

Ok cool, so it's not just me! These pieces only *just* fit in my 9kg front loader, it's a bit of an effort to get them in there and made worse by the fact they are so difficult to fold.

Depends. Are we talking front loader on the "forever cycle" :coffee: or top loader on a quick cycle? Or any of the variations in between. :)

A front loader washer/dryer combo on the 'quick' (30 minute wash, 30 minute dry) cycle about half a dozen times :coffee:

Ok cool, so it's not just me! These pieces only *just* fit in my 9kg front loader, it's a bit of an effort to get them in there and made worse by the fact they are so difficult to fold.

Depends. Are we talking front loader on the "forever cycle" :coffee: or top loader on a quick cycle? Or any of the variations in between. :)

A front loader washer/dryer combo on the 'quick' (30 minute wash, 30 minute dry) cycle about half a dozen times :coffee:

Gee, you'd think that'd do it!

Funny, I remember being dissapointed at how soft mine got after the first wash. Originally I had the pale blue, that softened up quickly. Then I got pink and then mauve. All green backed and all softened up. I kind of like that it goes like a blanket now as I fold a piece in half and the pup makes a cocoon bed out of it So cute, only her little head pops out on cold nights and when it was warm she'd lay on the top. Clever girl, is our little Miss Emma Lee.

I avoided the rubber backed as most I've seen seem to perish.