Old Dogs Need Special Treatment

persephone

Unpacking groceries etc from the car.Boot lid struts need re gassing , and it gently closes itself every so often ..which can be a useful thing

Anyhow .. I put one load in the kitchen, and went back to find the boot closed - a good thing, says I , will stop old dogs, and pups, and goats, exploring.

I opened the boot ...to find Caillie - our old blue eyed koolie girl lying in the boot, demolishing a box of cat food!!!

She has been unwell for weeks, and is only now starting to be more comfortable . She is free to do as she pleases- no chains or anything at present ..maybe that is about to change , 'cos after that was sorted, I went back to the car`to get the packet of crunchy green olive breadsticks I'd bought ....only to find Caillie sitting on the passenger seat, with crumbs all 'round! :/

Yes, she'd jumped in thru the open window :p

THE BEAST

Edited by persephone

Caillie has been a great working dog ..... many years ago she had her pelvis a bit squashed when someone didn't have a trailer secure, and now her rear end is often a bit wobbly . She's about 11 or more..can't quite remember :o ...but seems last night she was feeling strong :p

One meaning for her name is "beautiful girl who is tough as nails " :p it is certainly so!