Pampi - The End Of A Long Road

pampa

post-6572-0-41802400-1335780762_thumb.jpgI put my baby to rest today.

My old girl had put up a brave fight but it was beating her, destroying her day by day.

She was fighting fit until Easter Monday when she came inside distressed, shaking and puffing, after chasing a fox and barking the place down.

We did everything to try to find what was wrong, but at 12 years old, I feared the worst.

Sure enough, today we found two large masses showing on the ultrasound, one in the chest and one in the abdomen. The poor old girl was in a pretty bad way.

The only thing to do was to let her go whilst her life was still comfortable. This photo was taken earlier today before leaving me.

Before heading to the vet we went for a great big walk where she happily trotted by my side, and then sat at the park for an hour on her favorite blanket. It was the most peaceful time I have ever spent with her and I can only wonder as to if she knew I needed that time to be so special?

We had walked a long road together, taking us from one side of the world to the other, yes, France is a long way away from Australia...

I am very blessed to have had her by my side during that long journey.

Rest in peace my dear girl.

Edited by pampa

Sincere thanks to each member who posted their kind words in support of my distress.

I feel that it is only like-minded people that can truly understand what the loss of a four legged soul mate truly means.

It is so very painful.

Thanks again to all.

R.

Sorry for your loss. :(

Looks like you made the right decision and the right time. :)

So true DerRottweiler.

Someone once said,"Better a day too early than a minute too late", and that simple sentence stayed with me and haunted me in her last days.

Whilst it hurt so very badly to say goodbye whilst she was still happy and comfortable on pain medication, it was the only fair thing I could do for her.

The photo in my post (and below) were taken a couple of hours before we parted ways.

That is how I will remember the old girl, proud and strong.

Thanks again to everyone for their kind support.

R.

post-6572-0-54406900-1336809398_thumb.jpg

Edited by pampa

• 2 weeks later...

The greatest gift you can give is to let them go when the time is right.

We love them so much. My heart still breaks for my two I lost last year.

You had the chance to say goodbye and She knew she was loved. remember that.

hugs