2 Whippets Rescued Today By Iggy Rescue

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is just heartbreaking. I've got a pei boy here who was underweight and lifeless when he arrived but he was nowhere near that! He was eating every 2 or 3 hours over the first couple of days and it was probably 3 weeks until he stopped telling me that he needed more than 2 meals a day. Some days it is still 3 when he needs it. In a month he has gone from 19.8 to 21.6 today. I know the vet has advised 4 meals a day but the carer might want see what the dogs themselves need over the first few days? Once they have good food going in those boys will start to act more like themselves again. I'll have my fingers and toes crossed for their speedy recovery.

:cry: Small donation sent for these poor little darlings, to help in whatever you feel is necessary to help them on their road to recovery.

:grouphug: To Scallywags, Iggy Rescue and the Wonderful Carer.

Thank you so much to those who have donated. It's very humbling to come on here and witness the compassion and generosity of other dog lovers. These whippets are currently with the lovely Ella who we know will put her heart and soul into making sure they have every chance of a full recovery.

phoenix under a blanket on Ella's bed :)

4db8e643.jpg

OMG! Those poor maltreated dogs!

And here was I thinking Sam & Twig were hard done by for having had to have several stints in the kennels lately. No way .

We have donated to Iggy Rescue for them too.

Best of luck. Don't think they could be in a better place right now.

Thank you so much to those who have donated. It's very humbling to come on here and witness the compassion and generosity of other dog lovers. These whippets are currently with the lovely Ella who we know will put her heart and soul into making sure they have every chance of a full recovery.

4db8e643.jpg

After many sad tears shed for these poor boys tonight I am now crying happy ones.

4db8e643.jpg

Sleep soundly sweetheart you are safe now.

Guest Panzer Attack!

OMG, housemate and i are whippy lovers and are HORRIFIED by these pics... we will donate as soon as we're able, those poor little babies!!! Bless you dogmad and indigirl, and bless rescue, full stop. i'm in shock. Please post regular updates. xoxo

Thanks so much meggie. Iggy rescue is a very small rescue, run by dogmad and myself with a few fantastic foster carers and others who help us. Thankfully there are ony a small number of Iggies needing rescue. When we have room we take on other sight hound breeds, hence the 2 whippet boys. We were not prepared for their terribly poor condition though.

Its jut been a diffiuclt month vet bills wise as we took in Leopold (an iggy) 3 weeks ago that has since been diagnosed with a terminal aggressive cancer that required surgery to make him more comfortable. He is receiving palliative care with one of our carers, amd will remain

Little Leo has soaked up any excess funds we had so we are so very grateful for your donations for these 2 boys,

It's a miracle they are still alive. The only way I could look at the photos was knowing that they were safe. Heartbreaking to see an animal so painfully thin like that.

The photos of them in care are pretty special.

Will also make a donation. Hope they recover quickly but it's so good to see them warm and not hungry.