2 Whippets Rescued Today By Iggy Rescue

Making a donation.

They have beautiful markings - I think they will be very handsome once they have recovered.

Is one of them very hunched or is that just the photo? Hoping there is no permanent damage?

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing save dogmad and indigirl... I'm sure these sweet boys will thrive under yours and Ella's loving care.

The looks on their faces on the bed says it all doesn't it? I think they know that they are going to be OK now...

FWIW I have actually seen a dog in worse condition (and 8 weeks pregnant) that recovered fully. I'm sure the boys will have a great outcome now they are with your group.

T.

Thank you so much everyone who had donated to help these boys. We really appreciate it.

Here you can see some of Phoenix's pressure sores that have ulcerated

5f46bf98.jpg

Both boys this morning

972b0277.jpg

Dusty takes up about the same amount of space as the cav :cry:

5e7baaa8.jpg

their poor owner would probably be turning over in his/her grave if they knew what had happened. What I dont understand is how come they're so thin if that person who'd advertised them on gumtree had them. Honest, it doesn't cost much to feed a whippet. I only buy 4 kilos of meat to feed my tribe for a week! and were they sleeping on concrete? why the pressure sores? :confused:

Just breaks my heart :(

My poor husband, I told him about them and said there were photos, he refused to look - it was enough for him to know we had given some $. I hope to show him photos of 2 healthy looking boys in a few months time :)

The son who had them retrieved them from his fathers house approx 3 weeks ago, he said they had put on weight since he hadthem. We suspect the son wasn't feeding them a great diet due to ignorance. Also he lives in a unit so he was keeping the dogs in the garage. They were on a blanket on the concrete garage floor. The dogs had been living in Qld so I'm sure being cold and without coats meant they put on less weight while at the sons. Combined with a crappy diet and the stress of being in a strange and cold environment you can start to understand why they didn't put much weight on while with the son.

When they arrived here they did normal number 2's so they had def been fed by him.

Thank you so much everyone who had donated to help these boys. We really appreciate it.

5f46bf98.jpg

Both boys this morning

972b0277.jpg

Dusty takes up about the same amount of space as the cav :cry:

5e7baaa8.jpg

Look at those little faces.... :cry:

looking at those pics, esp the one of Phoenix all tucked up safely & content in bed bought tears to my eye's.

They probably think they've died and gone to heaven getting all this love & care.

How anyone could let any animal get in that condition is beyond me. :(

5f46bf98.jpg

This photo, with shy Dusty peeking out behind the drawers. :cry:

Guest lavendergirl

Poor boys - they will improve quickly given love and care I am sure. They may have been underweight before coming into the care of the son if the elderly owner could not cope - a sad situation.

Have made a donation via Paypal for the poor boys - thanks for saving them, they will thrive now.

Situations like this make you realise there is definitely a need for contingency planning for those of us with animals so they are not left out in the cold if something unfortunate happens...I have my horses and dogs written into my will and provided for!

I am not going to comment about the non-human who "looked after" these 2. That would get me banned from DOL for 100 years! Oh, the things I want to say....

indigirl can I still donate on 15th?

That's when I get my pay and can make the donation a bit more meaningful.

Poor boys, they look so sad :cry:

I hope that their health improves quickly. Do you think that by being together, that helped them survive? I imagine that they would have been very comforting to each other.