2 Whippets Rescued Today By Iggy Rescue

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So great to see a happy story! Welcome and well done, Ella!

Hey T they've stopped doing the $5 per garbo bag of soft toys at Salvos, did you clear them out??? Stevie will never forgive you!

OK, fingers crossed this works. Please click on the link and have a look at the wonderful progress the boys have made. Dusty & Phoenix Blog

If there are any problems with the link, l will post the images on the forum for you all. Thank you for the kind welcome too. Ella :D

Edited by emp12

So great to see a happy story! Welcome and well done, Ella!

Hey T they've stopped doing the $5 per garbo bag of soft toys at Salvos, did you clear them out??? Stevie will never forgive you!

You gotta tell them that the teddies are for rescue dogs... and sometimes it depends on who is manning the counter...

Don't go into the Vinnies next door to the Salvos - they charge $1-2 per teddy...

T.

Have you just got them on a maintenance ration now? I suspect they'd just about be up to their normal weight, it might just be muscle that they need to build up now. I'm guessing though as I haven't seen them in the flesh but it's amazing how quickly you can put weight on a dog and the last thing you want is to now turn them into porkers. :laugh:

Oh how did I miss this thread?

Dusty and Phoenix are simply divine and look incredible!

Indigirl, Dogmad and Ella I am so grateful that these dear boys are in your care. You certainly are three incredible women :thumbsup:

To see the boys so happy, nurtured, healthy and loved fills me with such happiness.

Congratulations!

Oh how did I miss this thread?

Dusty and Phoenix are simply divine and look incredible!

Indigirl, Dogmad and Ella I am so grateful that these dear boys are in your care. You certainly are three incredible women :thumbsup:

To see the boys so happy, nurtured, healthy and loved fills me with such happiness.

Congratulations!

That's lovely feedback Nic. B, l have the easy part, Indigirl and Dogmad are the ones who spend all the hours on the phone, email and goodness knows where else organising everything for all these lovely rescue dogs. I just give them a nice place to live, a warm bed and make sure they are in good condition for when they are re-homed.

I just give them a nice place to live, a warm bed and make sure they are in good condition for when they are re-homed.

.... and this is just doggy cloud9 :D - their recovery is spectacular.

It's been a fantastic rescue effort :flower:

You have done an amazing job Ella with these boys...just warms my heart.Dogmad,Indigirl and yourself are wonderful caring people that have nursed these boys back from the brink.What a wonderful outcome once again from the rescue community.Never ceases to amaze me and makes me proud to be a part of.

The vet felt that the boys were ready for their vetwork today so they have been vaccinated, heartworm tested (negative!), desexed and had teeth cleaned/out. They've had pain relief injections and are recovering there today.

The vets said they are doing very well. Ella's done a great job, they've both put on enough kilos and weight gain has now plateau'd so in a couple of weeks they will be ready to go to a new home!

We have discovered that Dusty is a typical naughty whippet and he can jump 6ft high fences if his human goes out and he wants to follow.

This will all be taken into consideration when we rehome the boys so that their safety is not compromised in any way.

Thank you to everyone who has taken so much interest in them and followed their path to wellness!

Edited by dogmad

The vet felt that the boys were ready for their vetwork today so they have been vaccinated, heartworm tested (negative!), desexed and had teeth cleaned/out. They've had pain relief injections and are recovering there today.

The vets said they are doing very well. Ella's done a great job, they've both put on enough kilos and weight gain has now plateau'd so in a couple of weeks they will be ready to go to a new home!

We have discovered that Dusty is a typical naughty whippet and he can jump 6ft high fences if his human goes out and he wants to follow.

This will all be taken into consideration when we rehome the boys so that their safety is not compromised in any way.

Thank you to everyone who has taken so much interest in them and followed their path to wellness!

Wow, it's great to hear that they were well enough for surgery! Fantastic. It must be exciting, but also sad, to know that they will soon be ready to move on.