2 Whippets Rescued Today By Iggy Rescue

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, Ella had somehow switched their names over, easy to understand in all the cafuffle.

Phoenix is the quiet and shy one, Dusty is more outgoing.

I've visited tonight, they are eating heartily, they are very comfy in a big new bed and they are already much better than when I picked them up yesterday morning with regards to how they are interacting etc.

We do have a few concerns, although it's early days I think in a day or two we'll head back to the vet with Phoenix.

Oh good god :cry:

I am so glad they are in good care now. I so wish they were here, id have them in a heart beat and at least get cost price vet treatment for them so they dont cost a fortune for you.

Well done to all involved.

Our vets are very good and I'm sure both boys will come good but it will take a while. For me it was so rewarding to see a bit of a spark in their eyes today, they are truly lovely dogs :)

We very much appreciate the assistance and support from the kind people on DOL, you are all amazing.

Edited by dogmad

Ella sent these pics through today

ee3774d5.jpg

58f99515.jpg

Ella told me Phoenix (who is the one with the white on his face) has decided her bed is the place to be and spends most of his time under her doona :) Both dogs went back to the vet today, as PHoenix had coughed up some blood and both dogs had very pale gums. Phoenix has a very sore throat hence the blood, we think maybe he was barking to go our while locked in the garage as both dogs appear to be house trained.

We are so grateful to everyone who has contributed to the care of these two dogs. They are both lovely natured boys I'm told. They respond very well to Ella's young son amd have tried to play with him on several occasions. So looks like they are used to children too.