2 Whippets Rescued Today By Iggy Rescue

Oh gosh I am crying again, that last photo is beautiful, darlings you will get better soon, keep strong ok :heart:

Me too huntrox :cry: Their devotion to each other and the hope in Phoenix's eyes has me in tears.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awwwww I have something in my eye.

Thanks for the update......sending Happy Healthy Vibes to thee two darlings.

:thanks: Mega thanks to their carer for allowing us to follow their progress so closely, it makes me feel part of their journey.

I am not going to comment about the non-human who "looked after" these 2. That would get me banned from DOL for 100 years! Oh, the things I want to say....

indigirl can I still donate on 15th?

That's when I get my pay and can make the donation a bit more meaningful.

Sorry missed your post. You can donate any time you wish. These boys are going to be in foster care a month or two and will be going thriugh huge amounts of good food and multiple vet visits I'm sure. Thanks heaps :)

I don't have much money, but I may be able to stretch to getting some soft toys from the local Salvos and Vinnies for the boys... do you think they'd like that dogmad/indigirl? If so, just let me know when/where to drop them off...

Phoenix's eyes, although sad, also look to be saying "thank you"... at least in that last photo...

T.

My greyhounds love their soft toys from the op shop tdierkx so I'm sure the boys would too.I know they have their jammies on but can I offer a coat each for the boys.The lady that adopted my last foster grey is making polar fleece coats now for rescue and I know she would love to make some for them.

I love the photos please keep posting them :)

Awww, so glad to see photos!

As for whippies and *whispers* soft toys.... Hells yes my guys love em! (hence the whispering). My two I crate at night both have a large toy they snuggle up to in their crates! Any teddies are de-stuffed but they love carrying them around!

My greyhounds love their soft toys from the op shop tdierkx so I'm sure the boys would too.I know they have their jammies on but can I offer a coat each for the boys.The lady that adopted my last foster grey is making polar fleece coats now for rescue and I know she would love to make some for them.

I love the photos please keep posting them :)

That would be wonderful! they will need to be coated constantly so another coat each would be a big help for when the others are in the wash. What measurements do you need?

They are on 4 feeds a day with super premium kibble plus doggie meatballs, also getting probiotics and another doggie multivitamin type thing. They are on antibiotics and the ulcerated sores are starting to clear up already. Basically all they are doing is sleeping and eating. They are being kept very quiet and are only going outside to toilet then coming back in to bed. Ella bought them a great bed with high sides that stops any drafts plus we are getting them those microwavable heating pads to put under their bedding. The bed is large enough if they get too warm they can move away from the heating pads. They also have plenty of soft pillows and warm cuddly blankets. I believe she has hession covered cushions underneath the bed to stop any cold coming up from the floor.

As you can see from the pics they are pretty content and hopefully in the coming week we will start to see significant improvement.

Edited by indigirl

Just got these pics through. Ella has the central heating off so she took the boys jackets off. I think they may have already put on a little weight.

ae657498.jpg

cef2cd30.jpg

We think they were also quite dehydrated when they arrived as well, so rehydrating them will help them look better too. They have some special rehydration mixture in their water bowl to assist with keep them sufficiently hydrated.

indigirl if Ella can measure from the base of the neck to a few inches over the tail(better to be too long than too short)and from the base of the neck down to the elbow.The coats will have a polo neck that can be folded down or up to suit.Hope this makes sense.

Iggies love soft toys, but ive never owned a whippet. One if the whippey ppl could msybe answer ?

Think Dusty is looking relaxed much?

Getting the last of the afternoon sun

Not sure about whippets but my greys love soft toys, I can imagine that they would.

They look so much better already, it's wonderful to see them looking warm and content,

Thanks for the great updates dogmad and indigirl. I'm so happy to see the boys looking so snug and relaxed. Ella is doing a great job. I'm sure you will tell her and also how much we are loving her photos :)

I still get teary when I think of what they've been through, but to now see them getting such good care and read of their gradual recovery is heartwarming.

I also wish I could give them some cuddles and kind words, sending healing vibes :)

I'm off to the op shop when they are open then... and will give dogmad a call to see where she'd like me to drop the toys off for the boys. I can see crazy whippet zoomies in these boys' near future... *grin*

The last photos without their coats shows that they are looking so much better already. I'm sure it won't be too long before they have some of their energy back in force...

T.