Show Stackers

Julestar

Can anyone tell me if you are able to buy show stackers in Qld (Brisbane area) or if anyone has some for sale in Qld. I'm looking for a set to train my new Toller puppy on (he has his first show in just over week) and I am hopeless at free stacking dogs.

Can anyone tell me if you are able to buy show stackers in Qld (Brisbane area) or if anyone has some for sale in Qld. I'm looking for a set to train my new Toller puppy on (he has his first show in just over week) and I am hopeless at free stacking dogs.

Bought mine for show stackers over the net... they were very quick to deliver although they do come from WA.... try using four blocks of wood until they arrive...

We used soup cans for our baby worked a treat as she would push back and knock herself off them which in turn gave her a shock which taught her stand still.. We've seem lots of improvement since :)

But cans like baked beans or vege tins anything of that size. And still weighed down with the product.

I have a set I never use anymore as I have switched to a small breed, they are in perfect condition and I am happy to sell if you are interested, I am showing at Durack on Sunday and can bring them along if you would like?

I have a set I never use anymore as I have switched to a small breed, they are in perfect condition and I am happy to sell if you are interested, I am showing at Durack on Sunday and can bring them along if you would like?

You beat me to it, I also have a set I could take to Durack on Sat/Sun mine are the largest size, maybe someone else is after a set as well.

Edited by mish13

Try this,

much easier than messing around with stackers or cans. :)

That dog would have to be the most patient dog in the world!

I cant even imagine getting my pup (20wks old) to do that right now, it just isnt going to happen :rofl:

do these show stacker devices work then?

I thought they may be a bit of a gimmick, but have you had success with them?

after training dogs with them you would not be with out them.

I start at 6 weeks.

I start at 6 weeks.

Oh really, wow. I am finding I can get my pup to stand & stay still for a fair while, but I have absolutely no clue as to how he is looking while he is in the stay (or stack?). I have had my hubby take a few pics & we look a bit awkward, nothing like the pics on dogs online. I have been using a mirror, but Im still struggling, I will check out their site a bit more now. Thx!

Edited by MishB

I start at 6 weeks.

Oh really, wow. I am finding I can get my pup to stand & stay still for a fair while, but I have absolutely no clue as to how he is looking while he is in the stay (or stack?). I have had my hubby take a few pics & we look a bit awkward, nothing like the pics on dogs online. I have been using a mirror, but Im still struggling, I will check out their site a bit more now. Thx!

If it is of any help. I have a Toy breed at the moment and place the stackers on a stable surface like a bench or table pop the puppy on them and always offer food and praise. It must always be a nice place to be in. You just progress from there. :)

MellG & mish13 I'm not sure if you tried replying to my PM but I had an old email address on there which I have now updated. I will be at Durack tomorrow near the Gundog and working dog rings.

MellG & mish13 I'm not sure if you tried replying to my PM but I had an old email address on there which I have now updated. I will be at Durack tomorrow near the Gundog and working dog rings.

Sorry didn't see this message until this morning, I stayed the night at Durack so don't have the show stackers with me. I am the only person here with a Newfoundland so not hard to find and I am showing in ring 4. I am camped near a large motor home. Come and see me and i can check which show we are both at next.

Edited by mish13

I also started my kids are 6 weeks of age..

But here's a pic of my guys who now are nearly 2.. They were 8 weeks old in the pic and lil pros now 2 years on.. Trick is short lessons and lots of prase

Love my show stackers.. Really worth the $

cace6aef.jpg

cbddb16a.jpg

I also started my kids are 6 weeks of age..

But here's a pic of my guys who now are nearly 2.. They were 8 weeks old in the pic and lil pros now 2 years on.. Trick is short lessons and lots of prase

Love my show stackers.. Really worth the $

cace6aef.jpg

cbddb16a.jpg

OMG they are so cute!!!!! The dogs I mean, not the show stackers :laugh: