K9 Showstopper Update

Question on the Livamol - I am going to get some after reading about the affects on red dogs.

How much would you give a dog? All the websites I've seen has been for livestock, not dogs. She weighs 25kg.

They have amounts for dogs on the packets. I think it's 1-3 tablespoons from memory. I've been giving a heaped teaspoon to my pups food, moistened and mixed in with some yogurt or egg etc. I'm starting to really like the smell.

Ahh, might say it when it arrives then (online it only seems to list livestock). Thanks!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Do I remember reading the super fuel is not something to give continuously or do I remember incorrectly

Hey OSS, you can definitely give it daily. If the dog isn't active enough though it can put excess weight on them.

Do I remember reading the super fuel is not something to give continuously or do I remember incorrectly

Hey OSS, you can definitely give it daily. If the dog isn't active enough though it can put excess weight on them.

Okay thank you :) I have ordered a small container to give it a go and see what happens :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Huski,

Do you think the True Colours Shampoo is okay for a puppy?

Yep absolutely! :)

whats the diff with this and super fuel?

Both are designed to supplement nutrition, but Showstopper is primarily designed to keep the dogs coat looking awesome.

Super Fuel is designed for very active/working dogs as a dog performance supplement, it is made to support muscle tissue, fuel energy, support joint health and immunity, endurance and aid in recovery.

Showstopper is great for show dogs and pet dogs, Super Fuel is better for working/sport/high energy dogs. Both can be fed in daily meals, but Super Fuel can also be given mixed in water after the dog has done a lot of work/training/exercise etc.

Edited by huski

Super Fuel is better for working/sport/high energy dogs. Both can be fed in daily meals, but Super Fuel can also be given mixed in water after the dog has done a lot of work/training/exercise etc.

Does that means its good for mad Whippets racing each other at top speed (just missing trees) running into one another and running until exhaustion??? :)

Super Fuel is better for working/sport/high energy dogs. Both can be fed in daily meals, but Super Fuel can also be given mixed in water after the dog has done a lot of work/training/exercise etc.

Does that means its good for mad Whippets racing each other at top speed (just missing trees) running into one another and running until exhaustion??? :)

LOL I am sure the Whippets would do well on it as they are so active!

If the dog isn't active enough they can gain weight on SF, but you also don't have to feed it daily, you could just feed it after a big work out/ training session.

Still tossing up trying the SuperFuel for Kenz. Grasping at really thin straws with a dog who now has almost zero exercise tolerance and ends up collapsed. Not sure its going to help her though :(.

Edited by ness

• 2 weeks later...

We have been using the K9 SS for two months now with Beau and he loves it his coat looks fantastic despite the little affro "tapeau" he has on his bum. He did have a pretty heavy drop when he first started giving him bigger amounts. I agree with some of the other comments in that it does seem like a lot in his bowl but am assured it is the correct amount and he is thriving on it. Will post some before/after pic's. Might look into the Livamol too given he is a red this sounds interesting...

Hahaha, with a dane you'd go through about a tub a day on the recommended amount, surely!

So we know the quantities are a bit off, 3 scoops for Gus would make it pretty absurd.

Last I weighed him he was about 38 or so, I suspect closer to 40 now but would have to wrangle him onto the scales to be sure....

Would also have to share with Miss Rosie. She's the whippet x at about 12kg, again, best guess...

What would you suggest as a dose?

They're both 8.5 months old and fairly active.

I've been wanting to try them for a while but wanted to start them both on raw first and voila! Here we are. :)

PS- Huski congrats on becoming a grandmother! :laugh:

show stopper, 80kg Dane - 1 scoop is what I gave.

I would not give it to a dog under 12/18 months of age.

Guaranteed Analysis (per scoop)

Crude Protein (min) 11%

Crude Fat (min) 50%

Crude Fiber (max) 10%

Moisture (max) 8%