K9 Showstopper Update

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beau is 15months and has been thriving on it ? Swayd any reason you wouldn't give it till 12/18months? Congrats Huski & the whole family.

It is very high in fat and many breeds have not yet growing in height etc at before that age.

Not to mention the protein which can throw off an already balanced diet, specially in a giant breed.

Good to know. What about the super fuel? Is it safe to give to a young dog? I love it for my 2 1/2 year old Kelpie, he gets showstopper most days and super fuel on big days/ trials etc. that combo ( added to his normal diet) helps to keep weight on him.

I've been thinking of giving my 8 month old Kelpie cross some super fuel when she has a big day/ training session, would this be a a bad idea?

Thanks Steph and Twisties!

We have fed our dogs (and many others) on super fuel and SS from six months with no issues. This was Wisdom at around 8/9 months. She has SF daily and after big training sessions (though is on puppy gold at the moment)

IMG_0181-2resized_zpsdefbb2ec.jpg

For anyone who doesn't know, Animal Naturals has just bought in Go Dog which is an all natural sports drink for dogs designed to keep dogs hydrated and safe when exercising especially in hot weather. Good timing with summer!

For anyone who doesn't know, Animal Naturals has just bought in Go Dog which is an all natural sports drink for dogs designed to keep dogs hydrated and safe when exercising especially in hot weather. Good timing with summer!

I have been using Vytrate for years & it does the job well. Just had a look at the ingredients for Go Dog - that is quite a cocktail :eek:

I have been using the K9 Super fuel on my Adult male Whippet for a little while. He has had some issues with tearing muscles, and then re-injuring even after months of rehab and being careful. I have put him onto the Superfuel in an attempt to get sounder stronger muscle. So far his muscle tone has improved and he had had two trips to the beach with no muscle tears, I haven't had him chasing balls into the waves though. I will give him some more time then try that.

My young male Whippet is fairly typical and doesn't manage to eat as much as he quite needs compared to the energey he burns off. I have started adding the puppy gold to his meals and it has increased the amount he is eating but also delivering more calories to try and get the cover I want back onto his frame. He is looking better so will see how he goes over the longer term :)