Queanbeyan Pound Pup

Do you remember the puppy with the bent legs? All Breed Rescue in SA took him in and we'll always be grateful to them.

He was picked up vaccinated and has been cared for by a local foster carer until he was ready to travel to All Breed Rescue in SA. This is a note from the puppy’s temporary carer.

"Chance seems to have come a long way in the short time since arriving in the Pound, so I am sure he will be 100% in no time. Even his legs seem to be getting a bit straighter on their own!

He has so much love to give to some lucky family. Heather/All Breed Rescue in SA asked that the he be named Chance.

Chance is so gorgeous, I just want to eat him up!! He is of course a puppy, so comes with all the puppy issues, but he has settled in well at my place. He sits on command now and is getting better with the house-training.

Saturday was such a busy one for him (and me) - he stuck by my side all day. By late afternoon he was so tired he sat near me in the kitchen swaying, he could hardly keep his eyes open. He is a real smoochy cuddlebum - he thinks he is a lap-dog! I can't stop cuddling him and kissing him on the top of his head. Yesterday he was much more relaxed and dozed happily in the big dog bed with the big doona. He looked so happy and content. Lots of happy sighs. :o)

He is such a lovely boy, I'm so glad we saved him. Thanks for organising it! Cheers. Rita"

QBN479beingheld.jpgQBN479standingfront.jpg

QBN479standingsidefrontleg.jpgQBN479standingside.jpg

Edited by bazilybazbaz

:thumbsup: Our little Chance is just the sweetest little man, so sooky and cuddly! Im sure he wont be waiting too long for his new home!

He arrived with his legs near perfect, so in the short time with the pound and then the carer, his legs have been corrected.His tail hasnt been docked either ,he has a natural bobtail :D

He doesnt appear to have any issues at all now, just a normal happy, bouncy puppy! I just love him, hes such a cheeky little boy.

Hes also looks to me to have some Boxer in him :)

photo21.jpg

photo23.jpg

photo20.jpg

thank you so much for the update. Wow, what a transformation. I cannot believe it's the same pup.

I took this photo the day after he arrived in the pound. He was so thin and unhealthy looking he must have been miserable. Nevertheless, Chance was ever the friendly pup and very keen to get close. An absolute darling.

chancefirstdayatpound.jpg

Thank you again for taking him. And thanks to Rita for temp caring.

did he have surgery to correct his wonky legs? If not how did they come right, why were they bent in the first place, would it have been poor diet?

He's a handsome little fella, what a wonderful transformation.

:cry: Poor little boy, I had no idea he was in such bad condition when he arrived at the pound.

Wow its amazing the difference in such a short time, the pound and his carer have done a great job looking after him :thanks: to the pound staff & Rita his carer!!

Hes being spoilt here, and will have the best life now :thumbsup:

I have posted a video of him onto my facebook page...now I just need to work out how to post it here :)

photo1.jpgchanceq.jpg

What a fantastic save and transformation. He must be so happy now. Just goes to show that the dogs in the pound aren't always the dogs that end up going to their new families. Great work everyone