Meet Reuben - New Foster Baby

Firstly, may I say a huge thanks to esky for alerting us all that this boy needed someone to help find him a new home - his temporary carer was such a lovely girl and drove all the way from Newcastle to bring him to us. He's in lovely condition, and oh so handsome... *grin*

We've decided to call him Reuben... I think it suits, don't you?

11-05-2012-ridgey_pup008.jpg

11-05-2012-ridgey_pup074.jpg

11-05-2012-ridgey_pup077.jpg

11-05-2012-ridgey_pup073.jpg

11-05-2012-ridgey_pup068.jpg

11-05-2012-ridgey_pup058.jpg

11-05-2012-ridgey_pup048.jpg

... and to all those who gave his temporary carer a hard time when she was looking for help... look what a lovely boy you missed out on... hehe! He truly is a lovely and pretty well adjusted young lad in peak condition. We'll be beating off prospective adopters with a stick once he's ready for rehoming...

He's lying here fast asleep at my feet as I type, and he doesn't snore either... yay!

T.

He's certainly going to be a very handsome lad when he grows up...

Right now he's a little clingy - follows me around like a persistent fart actually - but I'm sure that a couple of days at "Chez Crazy Dog Holiday Camp" will sort that out.

He's had a big day travelling today, and had his vaccination, but I'm sure a good night's sleep will see a less clingy boy come morning. He will be wormed tomorrow, and microchipped. As soon as we can find his second testicle with any reliability (it's playing hide and seek, but there), he will be desexed.

The fun test will be when he has to go in his night crate when I go to bed, but it's in my bedroom positioned where he can see me, so I'm not envisioning any screaming or major crying - which he does do if he can't find his human right now. He will also have a nice big teddy to cuddle up to and a soft warm polar fleece blanky to keep him all snuggly.

He was really good in his travel crate on the drive home - only sooked for about 5 mins, then settled down and slept the rest of the way like a true pro... and we can verify 100% he doesn't vomit on long car trips, after travelling for a couple of hours to get to us, then an hour trip home with me...

I'm off now - going to wake him up and take him outside for potty, then he's going to learn the art of couch cuddles while watching TV... *grin*

T.

Well - I learned that Reuben is an expert couch cuddler... we fell asleep together on the couch... *grin*

When it came time for going to bed, I took him out for potty, and he did his business straight away - then I popped him in his night crate, climbed into bed, and turned off the light.

He whinged for exactly 4 minutes before settling down and sleeping all night through... what a good boy! And no messes in his crate this morning either...

Took him outside when we woke up, and he did a big wee... now he's had breakfast and is sitting at my feet looking content... *grin*

T.

Thank you for the thanks Tdierikx :thumbsup: but it was my pleasure to have somehow played a part in his safety.

He couldn't have ended up with a better foster mum!

I would like to give a HUGE thank you to NSW Animal Rescue for offering to take in this little man - the girl that managed to get him originally was so happy to be treated so beautifully by Lyn & Tracey (hope I spelled it right?) & couldn't believe the professional operation they run, the lovely facilities she saw as well as the friendly reception she got! A massive difference from the way she was treated initially from other places.

I also think it is lovely from the other side to have actually helped such a lovely girl also - I have never met her in person but she has kept me updated all the way right up to messaging me when she finally made it to Sydney with the pup yesterday. Sometimes ones you help never let you know outcomes so this was a lovely change!

I hadn't also seen the pup so I am so glad you have posted such beautiful photos - if I wasn't a crazy peke lady I would have gladly taken him in!

... and to all those who gave his temporary carer a hard time when she was looking for help... look what a lovely boy you missed out on... hehe!

T.

T. teach Reuben to blow a great big raspberry at them. :)

He's got Movie Star looks!!!!