Words Are Not Enough :(

I have just found out that my pup's mum was killed a few days ago by the breeders neighbors dogs. I don't know the details as I haven't spoken with her yet but saw mention of it between another owner of one of her pups (previous litter) and the breeder on facebook.

I remember about a week after we picked Simi up the breeder came to our house to drop off her papers and mentioned that Sophie (dog that was killed) had bite marks on her neck but that she didn't know where they had come from as the only other dogs she has are a 8 month old male who is as soft in temperament as they come and wouldn't hurt a fly and Simi's litter sister.

From what I can gather, these dogs have caused problems before and she is now trying to have them taken and PTS before it happens again. I'm so sad about this, Sophie was such a lovely dog and I really want to express my sadness to her and offer support if needed but how? I don't know what to say.

RIP Sophie, you were a beautiful girl and will be missed so very much. :cry:

So sad.. A friend if mine had her dog pulled through a fence by two pigging dogs last month.. Poor boy had no hope, neighbours helped out using an axe handle but it was too late.. very sad

Maybe send flowers and a card?? So very sad..

So very sorry this happened :cry: ..poor dog. I witnessed something like this a couple of weeks ago...my neighbours large breed dog injured the other neighbours small terrier so badly it did not survive. It was so awful to witness and I will never forget it. I do not however blame the offending dog....the owners of the terrier knew that little dog could walk through their own fencing and he went into the fenced yard of the bigger dog...as he had done before. Those owners were at fault and should have made sure their fencing was secure for their own small dogs safety.

Edited by darlingdog

Things like this happen a lot I think. My ex BIL had a pig dog of his killed by their neighbors 2 BT's. They dug under the fence and tore him to pieces. He was a gentle giant of a dog, mostly wolfhound with a bit a Mastiff in there and no dog aggression in him.

I think the flowers idea is good. It will let her know that I'm thinking of her without her having to talk about it while it is still so raw. Thanks for the replies :)

RIP SOPHIE :(:rainbowbridge:

:(

My sister in law had this happen to her 18 week old husky puppy it was devestating she refuses to ever get another dog because she had to watch with no way of stopping it, two bull breed crosses got under the fence and ripped her little husky girl mischa to bits she tried to hit them off throw stuff at them scream at them and yell for the owner and in the end one of the dogs came running at her and my sister in law was 7 months pregnant at time and didn't know what to do she didn't want to leave mischa outside alone but she didn't want the dogs to kill her unborn child... my brother and herself had been trying for 6 years to concieve and finally did by IVF ..... she feels so guilty I keep telling her that it was not her fault but she always refuses to listen to me pooor hunn.

She tried to get the dogs put down but the council said there was not enough evidence to prove that his dogs had done it?? :eek: his exact words to her after it happened were " well if your dog wasn't so stupid it would have defended itself survival of the fittest love"

That is so terribly sad.Stuff like this makes me feel physically sick.

I am at a loss as to how we stop it happening, it seems to be occuring with more and more frequency that it is frightening. :( :(

My sister in law had this happen to her 18 week old husky puppy it was devestating she refuses to ever get another dog because she had to watch with no way of stopping it, two bull breed crosses got under the fence and ripped her little husky girl mischa to bits she tried to hit them off throw stuff at them scream at them and yell for the owner and in the end one of the dogs came running at her and my sister in law was 7 months pregnant at time and didn't know what to do she didn't want to leave mischa outside alone but she didn't want the dogs to kill her unborn child... my brother and herself had been trying for 6 years to concieve and finally did by IVF ..... she feels so guilty I keep telling her that it was not her fault but she always refuses to listen to me pooor hunn.

She tried to get the dogs put down but the council said there was not enough evidence to prove that his dogs had done it?? :eek: his exact words to her after it happened were " well if your dog wasn't so stupid it would have defended itself survival of the fittest love"

I hope she made a formal complaint to the council about it! What an absolute sh!t of thing to say to anyone, let alone a pregnant woman who'd just watched her puppy being attacked and killed. :mad

Some dog owners really need a good smack in the head! If they are going to own a dog that has attacked the very least they can do is step up and take responsibilty for it.

RIP Sophie and all the others who have suffered such horrible ends. :(

" well if your dog wasn't so stupid it would have defended itself survival of the fittest love"

What complete ignorance, that statement does not even make sense! Darwin meant it as a metaphor for "better adapted for immediate, local environment", not the common inference of "in the best physical shape". :mad

I hope she made a formal complaint to the council about it! What an absolute sh!t of thing to say to anyone, let alone a pregnant woman who'd just watched her puppy being attacked and killed. :mad

Some dog owners really need a good smack in the head! If they are going to own a dog that has attacked the very least they can do is step up and take responsibilty for it.

RIP Sophie and all the others who have suffered such horrible ends. :(

Yes she made a formal complaint but it fell on deaf ears unfortunetly my brother wanted to sue the owner but his wife couldnt bare having to relive that moment over and over again for months on end just for the magistrate to dismiss everything, I understand where she is coming from in that sense. She had trouble bonding with my nephew after the innocent which was horrible she needed therapy for about 6 months to work through some of her issues :(

Some people should just not own animals full stop.

And yes it was an absolutely stupid statement that came from his mouth... there was not even an apology just that smartass remark a little chuckle and walked off. :mad: and because my brother owns his house moving wasnt an instant option either.. because they would have to put it on the market etc and they were still renovating it aswell so they were stuck there living next to that jerk for a while after it happened.

That is terrible, I don't think you could ever recover if you witnessed something like that and you'd be burdened with the guilt that somehow you didn't manage to save your dog, even if it was humanly impossible.

There should be laws against it and people penalised for owning and not controlling vicious dogs. happens far too often.