Qld Dangerous Dog Info

PooMother

Where can I find this information for qld please? Daughter has a Dane x puppy and council visited her to tell her they are investigating her pitbull wandering the street attacking people and that she has to rego her as a dangerous dog and have her desexed (not desexed yet as she was told to wait till she is one due to being a large dog, which she is but she will be) The rather large puppy has never biten or attacked anyone, a couple of times she had gotten out and another neighbor put her back in the yard, this has not happened since before Christmas. I have been googling but not having any luck so maybe looking at wrong thing. The only person who has complained to my daughter is her next door neighbour, she has left notes on my daughters front door threatening she will contact council etc neighbor has done the same thing to the previous 3 tenants dogs. Mind you she has 3 dogs herself that throw themselves at the fence when my grandies are outside playing but that's a whole other story

Thanks,so do I, she is very upset. I seriously didn't think they could just come in and demand the dog is registered as dangerous. I did tell her I thought they would at least have to have substantiating evidence that the dog had 'attacked' someone....police and doctor reports not just on someone's say so especially someone who wasn't bitten? Thing is daughter is home all day every day except when she takes children too and from school and dog is always in yard when she leaves and gets home and no othe neighbor has said a thing to her other than what the idiot next door xneighbour had done to other tennants

Thanks,so do I, she is very upset. I seriously didn't think they could just come in and demand the dog is registered as dangerous. I did tell her I thought they would at least have to have substantiating evidence that the dog had 'attacked' someone....police and doctor reports not just on someone's say so especially someone who wasn't bitten? Thing is daughter is home all day every day except when she takes children too and from school and dog is always in yard when she leaves and gets home and no othe neighbor has said a thing to her other than what the idiot next door xneighbour had done to other tennants

They have to at least have a report of an incident or situation occuring, but most importantly, a dog owner needs to keep a cool head if interviewed by the council and ask for details of the alledged incidents, time, date, what supposedly happened, and 9 times out of 10 the evidence is hearsay anyway. Many dog owners in this situation make admissions to council which strengthens the evidence against them, you can simply deny that your dog was involved in the alledged incident, a dog owner has the same rights to say an incident involving their dog didn't happen as someone has the rights to report that it did and is best IMHO to let council prove it :D

Sorry for the delay in updating.

Wow is all I can really say that is polite!

Daughter rang the council and the only complaint they have is that the dog/pup barks a bit and was escaping.....NO dog attack on someone, no record of it being pitbull etc etc. she was soooooo angry I couldn't beleive it myself. She is going to lodge a formal complaint about the lady ranger who the council had no explanation as to why she would have said those things. Council are sending her a letter that only mentions the barking and escaping both of which had been rectified at the time.

Words seriously fail me, however, we both thank you for your help and advice.

Tybrax daughter apparently hadn't rung you as she had blocks on her phone which I only just found out about when I called her..can take incoming but can't make any outgoing

Haha sorry thought I better clarify the phone situation - phone block was put in place last week hence her not calling you

Edited by PooMother